Live blogging from the Ruby, March 10, 2018 to March 17th, 2018

cruisingrob21

We are trying to do a live blog of the Ruby this week (3/10/18 to 3/17/18). Note that most comments relate to the condition of the Ruby). Post questions if you want a report on something in particular.

http://cruisingrobsblog.blogspot.com/2018/03/live-blogging-from-ruby-princess-day-2.html?m=1

We are on this itinerary March 31st so happy to follow your blog. I enjoy food comments esp., if you are inclined to post some. Also what you do in the different ports would be intersting to me. Thanks for a preview of our upcoming trip!

Thank you for sharing your blog. I’m excited to hear that the Ruby is in excellent condition as we’ll be sailing on her in September. Reading about your day in SF and Monterey make me realize how much I miss Northern CA. We used to live there. Now I want to do the CA Coastal cruise one day!

We were on Ruby in Jan., and noticed Hot coffee/tea from Horizon court & Room service to be BAD.

As in the water stinks. I thought it was just me, but had friends smell & they confirmed, something was

definately Wrong. Stopped getting hot drinks from either venue.

Did NOT notice weird smell from drinks in other Dining or from Cafe. They seemed Fine.

Have you noticed anything YET?

I posted this on the blog, but I thought others doing this same cruise might be interested in the information too. This is in regards to taking the ferry from San Diego to Coronado Island.

My dad and I have done the ferry. There are a few nice shops, and a chart house restaurant, right where the ferry drops you off. You will need to take the local bus to the Coronado Hotel. Just walk out to the main street. The bus stop is across the street from the KFC. Don't cross the street. You want to get on the bus that stops on the side that you are already on. I hope that makes sense. If you come out to the main street and turn right, you can go about 3 blocks, turn left on to Orange Ave. You will find the Coronado Brewing Company and a wine shop next store. Have fun exploring.

The ferry is easy to get to, not far from the ship, and you can buy a ticket there. I think it's $9.75 for a roundtrip ticket.

Here's the final entry with lots of photos, and thoughts about our voyage. Let me know if you have questions by posting a comment here or on the blog.

http://cruisingrobsblog.blogspot.com/2018/03/ruby-princess-live-blog-ensenada-and.html

To answer a question I received, the engine issue didn't come up again and a diver was looking into the problem in San Diego. However time will tell if this will effect the Ruby on her next sailing to Mexico as near top speed is typically needed, especially on voyages from Cabo back to LA against the Pacific current.

We were on Ruby in Jan., and noticed Hot coffee/tea from Horizon court & Room service to be BAD.

As in the water stinks. I thought it was just me, but had friends smell & they confirmed, something was

definately Wrong. Stopped getting hot drinks from either venue.

Did NOT notice weird smell from drinks in other Dining or from Cafe. They seemed Fine.

Have you noticed anything YET?

I asked a Question....:confused: Were on Ruby soon.