Significant birthday suggestions?

Csardas

I'll be 60 in 2020 - gulp! We've cruised QV and QE but not done a TA on QM. Unless the lottery obliges, I'll still be working and stuck with the school holidays - 2 weeks at Easter, from end of June to middle of August and a week in October. Given we've always been stuck with those parameters, we've don't want to do the Mediterranean again. Any brilliant recommendations/suggestions for a maximum 14-17ish nights? The actual birthday doesn't come in any of those dates but I'll just designate a specific day to be the day!

Thanks

S

I agree with cruiserking & Lanky Lad's recommendations. I've cruised to Norway more than anywhere else and never tire of its beauty.

If you want a mixture of majestic scenery and history & culture in abundance, then a Baltic cruise which includes Stockholm, is another option. You also get an overnight in St Petersburg - not my favourite place but many others love it.

Another advantage to traveling in this part of Europe is that the sun sets very late. I remember, St Petersburg in August, and taking a stroll in the setting sunshine on the deck after a late dinner, with the ship docked alongside. Everyone was taking photos despite the dire warnings not to do so! With Cunard now doing the occasional overnight stay in Olden, Norway, you could spend the late evening admiring the breathtaking views (providing it doesn't rain - as happened to us last year!).

• 2 weeks later...
I'll be 60 in 2020 - gulp! We've cruised QV and QE but not done a TA on QM. Unless the lottery obliges, I'll still be working and stuck with the school holidays - 2 weeks at Easter, from end of June to middle of August and a week in October. Given we've always been stuck with those parameters, we've don't want to do the Mediterranean again. Any brilliant recommendations/suggestions for a maximum 14-17ish nights? The actual birthday doesn't come in any of those dates but I'll just designate a specific day to be the day!

Thanks

S

I don't know about 2020 but there is a very interesting TA in 2019 going north up to Iceland before crossing the Atlantic down through Canada to New York. Look at M921 - I think I fancy that myself.

The other half is also celebrating his 60th birthday but in less than two weeks. We booked into a Queen's Grill suite on a Transatlantic on the QM2. Great minds think alike.

Some expensive wines will be drunk.

It's my 60th birthday when we're on QE later this year. I am going to show my dh the picture of your lovely cake. You never know..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Forums mobile app

I had a birthday in the Britannia restaurant on the QM2 about 5 or 6 years ago and was given a cake then as well, but not as big as this one!! Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Forums