Question For Jeanlyon Regarding Aurora

janny444

Hi....from your comments on this board I think you may be best to advise me. Which is the best deck to be on the Aurora? We are considering March 2020 so at that time of year it will be an inside cabin. On D deck is there noise from the theatre or the " white area" that the cabins back on to? When on Azura /Ventura we like to be down on P deck....so handy for atrium/MDR/theatre.

Thank you

Janny, sorry to disappoint you but we are on Aurora for the first time next April, so have no idea. However, the layout looks very similar to Oriana, so D deck, not too far forward should be OK.

We had D deck inside cabin last year and it was fine and ours was towards the front. Biggest disappointment was lack of seating in the atrium area which is too small. Best bit was the crows nest in the evenings and the entertainment of course.

Hi...apologies Jean but I thought I had read your comments on different threads about Aurora...must have confused it with another ship.

Thank you Strawberry Field for your comments....we usually cruise on bigger ships although we have been on the Oceana a couple of times and thoroughly enjoyed it so thought we would give the " smaller" ships a try.

Hi...apologies Jean but I thought I had read your comments on different threads about Aurora...must have confused it with another ship.

Thank you Strawberry Field for your comments....we usually cruise on bigger ships although we have been on the Oceana a couple of times and thoroughly enjoyed it so thought we would give the " smaller" ships a try.

You are welcome, to be honest Aurora was a little too small for me but my wife loved it. She liked Britannia but not as much as Aurora. What I did find with Aurora was how friendly people were on her where Britannia was friendly but not like Aurora was. We will sail on her again for definite.

If you require an inside cabin I can recommend either A298 or A297. They are larger than the average inside cabin as you will see if you study the deck plan. We have stayed in A298 and it is very convenient for access to the rear tiered deck section of the ship and the Horizon Restaurant.

Hi....from your comments on this board I think you may be best to advise me. Which is the best deck to be on the Aurora? We are considering March 2020 so at that time of year it will be an inside cabin. On D deck is there noise from the theatre or the " white area" that the cabins back on to? When on Azura /Ventura we like to be down on P deck....so handy for atrium/MDR/theatre.

Thank you

E an F decks are a bit of a trek to dinner for Club dining. You have to go up and down.

Best wishes, Stephen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you

We have just been on Aurora and we were on C deck at the rear. Handy for the rear decks, restaurants and deck 7. The Theatre and Crows Nest were a bit of a trek though.

E an F decks are a bit of a trek to dinner for Club dining. You have to go up and down.

Best wishes, Stephen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi....that is why we so love P deck on Azura/Ventura...no " hiking" about....specially if you have forgotten something and need to go back to your cabin.

Thank you

I would have asked daiB this question as he is very knowledgeable on P&O.

I would have asked daiB this question as he is very knowledgeable on P&O.

Hi....yes in hindsight it may have been better to ask daiB but I initially thought that jeanlyon sailed mainly on Aurora in an inside cabin.....I was mistaken in that assumption :o

I guess it depends on what facilities you might use the most. I have had inside cabins on both B & C decks on Aurora and found them quite convenient. Only 2/3 decks up or down to most facilities and great if you are happy to use the stairs for those 2 or 3 decks!

If you require an inside cabin I can recommend either A298 or A297. They are larger than the average inside cabin as you will see if you study the deck plan. We have stayed in A298 and it is very convenient for access to the rear tiered deck section of the ship and the Horizon Restaurant.

Sssshhhhh, I've always tried to keep these cabins secret! Seriously though these are very large inside cabins, we have booked A298 in Sept 2019.

Last year we had an inside cabin on C deck, 174, slightly forward of midships and found it perfect for getting to everything, either by stairs or lift. Cabins above and below so no noise, not close to a steward's service cupboard so no clattering/banging from there. Highly recommended.

We often stay in D149 and have found it very good. Avoid D150 though as the crew come through here and there are some crew showers close by. Noise from the theatre is minimal as they are towards the entrance of the theatre.

We also like the larger inside cabins on B deck (B128 etc). These have a large sofa that will convert into a bed and in fine weather you are a short walk to the front where there is an observation point which you will mostly have for yourself.

Sssshhhhh, I've always tried to keep these cabins secret! Seriously though these are very large inside cabins, we have booked A298 in Sept 2019.

Oops sorry, let's just keep it between ourselves and not tell anyone else :D;)