Zip Lining in Limon

Cras108er

We will be in Limon in early April and are looking for Zip Lining Recommendations. I have a Cooke questions:

1. There are five times offered by the Princess (7:30, 8:30, 9:30, 10:30, 11:30, and 12:30. The 8:30 and 9:30 times are almost sold out, and they are the most expensive times. The 7:30 and later times are cheaper, and pretty much empty. I can only assume that has to do with temperature - especially for the later ones. Can people give me any inside information on things to consider in terms of weather. I assume the 7:30 is empty because it is pretty early to be up and off the ship.

2. Are there operators that we can book with privately, either before hand or at the port, that are cheaper (and an equivalent experience to the cruise line's, which is "Original Canopy Zipline Tour at Veragua Rainforest? I think I need to make a decision fairly quickly. I've heard of an operator named "Oscar Brown." Not sure if he is the same person. Also, looks like we'd have to arrange our own transportation to and from the excursion. Is it worth the hassle?

3. This is a buck list item. Neither of us are "crazy about" heights, but I think we can manage. What should we know as first timers?

4. The ship's tour suggested bringing bug spray. How bad are the bugs? Are they mosquitos?

Thanks. All responses are appreciated!

We will be in Limon in early April and are looking for Zip Lining Recommendations. I have a Cooke questions:

1. There are five times offered by the Princess (7:30, 8:30, 9:30, 10:30, 11:30, and 12:30. The 8:30 and 9:30 times are almost sold out, and they are the most expensive times. The 7:30 and later times are cheaper, and pretty much empty. I can only assume that has to do with temperature - especially for the later ones. Can people give me any inside information on things to consider in terms of weather. I assume the 7:30 is empty because it is pretty early to be up and off the ship.

2. Are there operators that we can book with privately, either before hand or at the port, that are cheaper (and an equivalent experience to the cruise line's, which is "Original Canopy Zipline Tour at Veragua Rainforest? I think I need to make a decision fairly quickly. I've heard of an operator named "Oscar Brown." Not sure if he is the same person. Also, looks like we'd have to arrange our own transportation to and from the excursion. Is it worth the hassle?

3. This is a buck list item. Neither of us are "crazy about" heights, but I think we can manage. What should we know as first timers?

4. The ship's tour suggested bringing bug spray. How bad are the bugs? Are they mosquitos?

Thanks. All responses are appreciated!

Jungle Breeze zipline is the best, check Tripadvisor for Independent tour operator

• 4 months later...