Length of iFly on Anthem

How long does the whole iFly experience take from start to finish? We have reservations for iFly at 9am on the first day in port and I would like yo book an excursion for 1:00pm that afternoon. I can't imagine that iFly is more than an hour, but we want to make sure we have enough time to go back to our room and eat lunch before the excursion, because i absolutely hate rushing (especially on vacation).

Forgive me for asking such a green question.. this is my first cruise!

It was about an hour. You watch a video. They give you instructions. You suit up and head to the tube. Each person flies for 1 minute. Depending on where you are in the line, you could be done in less than an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was about an hour. You watch a video. They give you instructions. You suit up and head to the tube. Each person flies for 1 minute. Depending on where you are in the line, you could be done in less than an hour.

Your position in line would not impact when you can leave though. The group goes into the chamber as a whole and leaves as a whole so even if you are first, you do not leave until the last person in the group flies. That being said, you should normally be able to do all of this within an hour's time.

Your position in line would not impact when you can leave though. The group goes into the chamber as a whole and leaves as a whole so even if you are first, you do not leave until the last person in the group flies. That being said, you should normally be able to do all of this within an hour's time.

Spot on. You all do this as a group: the pre flight briefing, the suiting up and the flight itself. Those that go first have to wait for the rest and the whole group exit the tube together. In any case yes it's an hour at most. We loved it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I going in June do you book it ahead of time like the shows on the website? Is there a charge?How often do they offer it on the cruise?

I going in June do you book it ahead of time like the shows on the website? Is there a charge?How often do they offer it on the cruise?

I do not recall if reserving it pre-cruise was an option. We booked ours when we were on board. There was plenty of availability to pick from when we did. Just make the reservation early in the cruise. There was no charge.

My DH did IFly twice. Both times I booked it in advance. Keep checking your cruise planner to see when it becomes available. I can't remember how far in advance I booked it. There is no charge. I have heard that they charge you $25 if you are a no-show.

Inside the waiting area of the tube with the benches? That seemed to be off limits to everyone but the suited participants.

maxresdefault.jpg

No, not in the area where the participants are waiting. Sorry if I was not clear. You can go right up to the tube on the other side to take pictures. Pretty much where it looks like this picture was taken.

We sail in December and I booked online a couple of months ago. I think I read somewhere that each person can only do it once per sailing. IS that so?

They will only allow you to do it once per sailing. You are required to have a reservation doing this ahead of time insures you get a spot booking it earlier in the cruise helps if weather makes them close it. It is always sad when people wait until the last day to do something and weather screws them up.

They used to allow a standby line but that was gone on our June cruise

They will only allow you to do it once per sailing. You are required to have a reservation doing this ahead of time insures you get a spot booking it earlier in the cruise helps if weather makes them close it. It is always sad when people wait until the last day to do something and weather screws them up.

They used to allow a standby line but that was gone on our June cruise

thanks for the good info. another thread someone reported being a "stand by" or walk up right after embarkation since it was empty, then going at their reserved time for a second turn.

appreciate your feedback!

To elaborate on the weight limits - it's 230 if you're under 6' and 250 if you are 6' and taller.

For me, I'm just under 6' and weight in the 240s. My first trip I did it on Anthem - they saw my weight and I said I'm 6', so they let me go without a height measurement. I was easily one of the best in my group of 10, being able to fly for good stretches on my own without help.

On my 2nd trip on Anthem, they were more strict and had to check my height - they wouldn't let me fly, even though I'm still the same height and weight as before, because I'm just under 6' (like 5-11 1/2"). I told them I aced it the previous time but they didn't/wouldn't/couldn't budge.

I vowed I'd get under 230 for my next cruise but it's coming up in a few weeks and I don't see it happening. Stupid beer!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I made my reservation online, watched for a minute and then decided my back might protest and cancelled. Maybe one day.

I have bursitis in my shoulder. It flares up on and off, more off than on. I tried ifly and the force of the air was too much for my shoulder. The Air hit my shoulder, and the force of air was too much 4 me and aggravated my bursa pac. I grabbed my shoulder and I crashed into the wall.

So if you have back problems I wouldn't recommend it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app