Recent Navigator of the seas reviews

I`ve noticed an awful lot of negative reviews lately re. RC Navigator of the seas. I know that this is totally subjective etc etc etc, and if one small thing irritates someone, then a bad review is certain.

As I will be on this vessel in August 2018, and I am sure many will be...just wanted to point out that I know of several groups of people who have recently been on this ship on different cruises, and absolutely loved it, but they wont write reviews, as most people don't.!!

Just a bit of reassurance for people.:D

You are right about reviews in general. As I read reviews of a ship, it always strikes me that some people have excessive expectations. One issue is physical limitations and what the person and family expect of the crew. Here is an excerpt a review I wrote about medical issues. I can imagine that these families had a lot of requests and both had some bad experiences that were not the fault of the crew.

Here is a question we will all have to answer one day: are we getting too old and feeble to cruise or go on some excursions? In Maui, we waited for a very feeble and weak elderly man in a wheelchair to board the tender. The seas were really rocking and “his able-bodied attendant” was his elderly wife who knew how to fold up the chair and did not assist. It took three crew members to assist him while he screwed up the courage to make the one required step on and off the tender. I felt sorry for him as his facial expression was of real fear and apprehension as he stood there to make the decision to move. Besides making the other passengers sit for quite a while on a wild tender boat, this couple’s decision to go on this tender put the crew at risk of injury.

One topic that might be helpful is the idea of cruising with an elderly person with dementia. Three of our dinner partners were medical personnel (a doctor and two EMTs) who came upon a frightening situation where an elderly woman was outside her cabin and quite disoriented. She told them that her sister had died. There was no responsible relative nearby, and our friends were worried they would find a dead woman in her cabin. They called for the ship’s medical help, and a regular staff member told them they would take over. This staff person was obviously not well trained because medically trained people are mandated to only turn over a patient to another health care professional. The woman’s son appeared and took over, and that is another story that won’t be discussed here. The lesson learned is that anyone considering taking a person with dementia on a cruise should think long and hard. New situations are very stressful for these patients, and you can’t guarantee you can be with the patient 100% of the time.

i recently looked at the 10-15 most recent navigator reviews and there are more 5 star reviews then 1-3 stars, so it isnt that bad.

I remember before my first cruise ever, on Allure, i got nervous because of the 1-3 stars reviews but it was all for nothing. The ship was in perfect condition.

I think if everyone on each cruise wrote a review, there would be alot more 5 star reviews, while here on cruisecritic, the review section have become an arena for complaints. When you start spending time on a cruise, taking pictures of dark lightbulbs not replaced. a stain on the carpet in the hallway, some rust outside on your balcony devider etc, you have allready decided you are gonna have a bad time.

I agree that most people have a good cruise. Speaking for the situations that I have witnessed, the times that people have been upset with the crew (enough to complain to others or Guest Services) were a result of the passengers either not following the rules to which they agreed to follow or thinking they are entitled to something they are not. I have learned as a general rule that if someone has a good experience they will tell 1 person, if they have a bad experience they will tell 10. Either way I think your vacation is what you make it. Unpolished railings or worn carpet in a public area do not take away from my trips, but to each their own.

I wonder if it's all the bells and whistles of the mega ships making people biased. My GF and I are both thankful we started cruising on smaller ships first. I know for a fact it gave us a bias and negative view of Oasis when we sailed her last summer. It's possible the opposite is also true.

I'm still new enough to cruising that to me its 50/50 ship/ports that make me book a cruise. It'll be a long time before I sail on oasis again but the next cruise I book might be navigator 9 night southern cruise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I was on the Navigator last year. Really enjoyed the cruise, couldn't find any faults.

I enjoy reading reviews but don't take too seriously subjective comments. We all have different tastes, interests and expectations.

We were also on the Navigator last year and had a great time.

A lot of the negative reviews then and now seem to centre around the type of passenger sailing on UK originating itineraries.

The all inclusive free drinks packages offered over here by Royal can attract a certain fun loving/partying/drinking element on UK based cruises which can be a shock if you are used to a more refined typical cruising fellow passenger.

We were also on Navigator last year and loved it. She was just refurbished in 2014 and looks great!

Like Tin can said, there were a lot of negative reviews before we went last year, but we did not agree with any of those reviews after sailing. Navigator is a perfect sized ship IMO. We actually thought the food was better than some other RC ships and the crew was great!

The more I cruise, the more I realize the cruise it what you make it. Go, relax, enjoy your vacation!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The more I cruise, the more I realize the cruise it what you make it. Go, relax, enjoy your vacation!

That's a great way to think when reading reviews both good and bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

this will be our 5th on the Nav pre and post refurb

Only complaint I had is someone put a Phillies sticker in the window of a promenade cabin and I had to look at it for 2 cruises:cool:

Edited by jonbgd

Majority of the reviews I’ve seen have been really good. We’re boarding Navigator Sunday for 14 nights and I can’t wait. I’m planning on doing a live review so I’ll have thoughts and photos but know I’m going to love it. Been 10 years since our last sailing on Navigator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 9 months later...

Hi, just want to say that currently on the Navigatir for 2 weeks around the med....and very, very impressed, after my earlier doubts. I will post a proper review when finished cruise......but honestly people please ignore all the ridiculous bad reviews because of minor things, such as a tiny bit of rust on the railing, prawns aren’t deshelled (lol), can’t get seats anywhere at dinner or to sunbathe (full ship btw.!). Go for it and you will enjoy..:D

Just read some of the reviews, as we are on Navigator in September. Particularly loved 2 comments by the same reviewer: "Breakfast was the same every morning ( sausages, bacon, scrambled eggs etc) I wish there were more healthy options." But the best comment is "Portugal was ok but not as nice as France". I know reviews are subjective but please how can you tell that Portugal is not as nice as France from 1 port of call?

Well said 'Bloodgem' some reviews must be taken with a very large pinch of salt.

We were on the Navigator June/July this year on its Baltic trip, very happy! Back for the 14 night Med cruise in September and it can't come soon enough.