Video tour: Independence of the seas inside cabin

Hey guys! I have just got came back from my first Royal Caribbean cruise onboard the Independence of the seas. I had an incredible time, really loved Royal.

We stayed in cabin 8405 (guaranteed inside cabin). I was a bit worried that the Independence of the seas would be a little run down and in need of a refit, but I didn’t find that at all. The cabin was perfectly clean, tidy and functional.

Here’s my inside cabin tour:

Please let me know what you think! What are the other cabins like?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for sharing. When we use to cruise in inside cabins we would have the bed separated and made up into two twins. That configuration made getting in and out of bed a lot easier and made the cabin "seem" a little larger and less crowded.

A lot of people do say that! I have no problem jumping over the end at the moment so it suits me just fine :-)

Thanks for commenting!

Great video. Thanks for posting. We are really looking forward to our cruise in December in inside cabins!! By the way, the weird curtains are to allow someone to watch TV or read on the sofa while someone else is sleeping in the bed. It blocks out the light and the noise just a little bit (but not a lot).

Great video. Thanks for posting. We are really looking forward to our cruise in December in inside cabins!! By the way, the weird curtains are to allow someone to watch TV or read on the sofa while someone else is sleeping in the bed. It blocks out the light and the noise just a little bit (but not a lot).

Hmm!! I suppose that does make sense!! :0 They should go all the way across really though....

You’ll have an amazing time I’m sure :-)

Thanks for commenting!

That thing that folds down in the closet isn't for hanging more stuff...it's to put your suitcase on, if you don't fully unpack!

But if I put my suitcase on it I couldn’t hang up anything at all because it would be in the way? Good point though!

Love your videos :)

The curtain is if you have kids. You can let them sleep on the couch and close the curtains and leave the light on to read a book or pull the TV over and watch while the kids sleep. Doesn't look like it works too well in the small of this room but in some of the other room layouts it is much more practical.

Also in other rooms with slightly more floor space (Family Oceanviews) you actually have enough room where you can change next to the bed with the curtains closed and it offers a wee bit of privacy.

-Sean

Love your videos :)

The curtain is if you have kids. You can let them sleep on the couch and close the curtains and leave the light on to read a book or pull the TV over and watch while the kids sleep. Doesn't look like it works too well in the small of this room but in some of the other room layouts it is much more practical.

Also in other rooms with slightly more floor space (Family Oceanviews) you actually have enough room where you can change next to the bed with the curtains closed and it offers a wee bit of privacy.

-Sean

Oh yes! I suppose so. I guess they just want all cabins to look the same so have the same features even if they don’t make too much sense in cabins like this...

Thank you for your comment! :)

We will be sailing Indy in a few weeks! How were the beds? (I've read a lot of hard bed complaints on here lol) Food? So excited for our sailing. Haven't been in years due to pregnancy and baby!

Bed was really comfy, food was good! No complaints from me at all about this ship. Loved it :-)