Latest time to embark?

jims01

I'm getting conflicting info on what the latest time to embark is, and hoping someone can clear up the confusion.

The itinerary says "Embarkation begins at 1:00 pm. All aboard will take place one hour before scheduled departure." The scheduled departure time is 10pm.

Since departure is at 10pm, I was originally planning to to spend most of the day in San Juan and board around 7 or 8pm. But on a recent call with Windstar, the rep told me that I'd need to be on board by 2 or 3pm, even though departure is at 10pm. She said something about the port not being open that late, but didn't really give details, and I didn't think to inquire further at the time.

So if boarding begins at 1pm but scheduled departure is at 10pm, does anyone know what the (approx) latest boarding time is?

Best advice is go early afternoon to check in and ask what time you need to be back. That way your bags are onboard, you have your ships id card and you have the correct information. The cruise port is right in the middle of town so coming and going not a problem.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I had a similar question yesterday and asked the Windstar rep on the phone the latest time we could board the Star Pride leaving San Juan at 10 pm. He said no later than one hour prior to departure, or 9pm, would be the latest.

We were planning on asking for a late checkout and hitting the pool and beach for a bit before heading for the ship. I hope we do not need to be on board before 2 pm, as that might be cutting it close.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'd recommend boarding as soon as you can (1:00pm), getting all checked in, grabbing a bite to eat at the lunch buffet, and making your Candles dinner reservation for the evening of your choice, then leaving the ship and returning just before the required safety drill or all-aboard time.