Cab or shuttle fee from LAX to pier?

vegas cruisers

We are sailing on the Star Jan 28th, and are considering a flight to LAX instead of a long drive from Vegas. Does anyone know the cost for two people for a cab or shuttle from LAX to the San Pedro pier? Can you buy a round trip pass for the return as well? Thanks so much for the help.

If you do the shuttle thru NCL, the cost is 20.00 per person each way. If you are on their list, they will meet you at baggage pick-up and take your luggage and you won't see it until you get to your room. (that's how it was done 9 months ago. We are taking the same cruise in 29 days and counting):)

Hey there Vegas! WE are renting a car as we are flying in afew days ahead of time! In the past when I have gone out of San Pedro I call up the cruise line and pay for there shuttle service! This way it makes it much easier! Have you joined the roll call for our cruise as of yet?? There are a few of us signed up one of teh passengers has contacted NCL to st up a meet for us! Should be a good time!:D

We went though this a couple of years ago. Ended up doing primetime shuttle. Super shuttle is also available. It was $8 apiece to san Pedro. You can call 1 800 redvans (primetime)or 1 800 bluevans. (super shuttle) I know you don`t have to schedule the super shuttle from LAX to the pier, but you do need to do it for coming back. We walked out the door in baggage and they were both right there. That price is for one way. We have also done a cab, and it was $45, plus tip, one way. Why pay the cruise line when you can arrange it yourself cheaper? It couldn`t be easier.

Hey there Vegas! WE are renting a car as we are flying in afew days ahead of time! In the past when I have gone out of San Pedro I call up the cruise line and pay for there shuttle service! This way it makes it much easier! Have you joined the roll call for our cruise as of yet?? There are a few of us signed up one of teh passengers has contacted NCL to st up a meet for us! Should be a good time!:D

May I ask about the rental car? What company? Where are you picking it up and dropping it off? How much? This is what we might do pre and post cruise looking at options.

Thanks in advance for any help.

The couple we are going with is renting from Enterprise and I believe they can drop it off right across from the cruise ship terminal for a fee. I have booked with Budget and for two nights for a small car is $74, then I will drop it off in Long Beach and take a cab back to teh ship! This was a good deal I found! Other places have some good deals I think Hertz was $62!

The couple we are going with is renting from Enterprise and I believe they can drop it off right across from the cruise ship terminal for a fee. I have booked with Budget and for two nights for a small car is $74, then I will drop it off in Long Beach and take a cab back to teh ship! This was a good deal I found! Other places have some good deals I think Hertz was $62!

Jan 28 is a Saturday. Enterprise is only open 1/2 day on Saturday, so make sure you get there before they close. If you leave on a Saturday, you will return on a Sunday. Enterprise is not open on Sundays. The Enterprise location is just across the street from the pier.

Question on Enterprise. We're on the 4/10 sailing of the Star, so days of the week for us are good no Sat. or Sun. Can I rent from the LAX or Long Beach airport and then return at the pier? Then do the reverse when cruise is done? Is there an extra fee for this?

Thanks for your help. Haven't book air yet, searching what would be best with ground transportation and prices first.

Thanks

Enterprise will charge you either $25 or $50 for a one way drop off fee. We picked up the car at Long Beach and dropped it off at the pier a couple days later, very convienient. We plan to do it all over again in Feb. Long Beach is a nice small airport so if you can get a flight in there reasonable take it. LAX is really a zoo.

:)

We rented a car post cruise on 12/19 from Enterprise. They picked us up at the pier. We dropped the car off at Long Beach airport later that day. They tacked on a $40 drop off fee. And they are closed on Sunday and only open part of the day on Saturday so that may limit your options.

HELP! I just put our flight on hold. I can't get anything into Long Beach from ALbany. NY so we have to fly into LAX, no problem we have done that before.

I was looking at flying in on the 10th but we would have to get up at 3am and that wouldn't get us there till 10:30 am. I'm not feeling good about that don't need to be stress out abd tried before we cruise. SO I booked our flight to arrive one day prior arriving at LAX about 6:30 pm.

Question, what are my options for shuttle service at this time? Where should I look to book a room for the night and then how to get to it and the pier the next morning at a decent price? HELP!

Thanks!!

Judyf, have you checked out the hotels section of these boards? I have always found them helpful with lots of information on hotels near the piers.

We stayed at the Long Beach Coast hotel prior to our Star sailing in December. Very nice hotel. However we flew into Long Beach and rented a car there as we arrived a day early. We then just took the car back to the airport on Sunday and caught a cab to San Pedro. The cab price was a fixed rate from Long Beach airport.

In my research I found that there weren't too many hotels in San Pedro and since we wanted to do some sightseeing on the day we arrived we opted for Long Beach. But since you're coming in in the evening, the hotels in San Pedro might work for you. I know there are some that do also have shuttle service to the pier.

Archived