Can I make a 3:35 pm flight out of SJ?

lyrehc0521

Yep....no problem. With a flight that late we would suggest you enjoy your last morning on the ship and not disembark before 9:30am. By that time the mad disembarkation rush will be over and you can get off without long queues. Simply grab a taxi to SJU and you will still have around 5 hours to kill at the airport :(.

Hank

Yep....no problem. With a flight that late we would suggest you enjoy your last morning on the ship and not disembark before 9:30am. By that time the mad disembarkation rush will be over and you can get off without long queues. Simply grab a taxi to SJU and you will still have around 5 hours to kill at the airport :(.

Hank

5 hours at SJU :eek::eek: On one of our first trips (cruise's) out of there we had to spend almost 3 hrs. it seemed like some of the loooongest waits we've had...time seemed to stand still...thought we would never leave...absolutely not a favorite airport.

When we are stuck in airports for long layovers, we like to play the "lounge game." Holders of some high-end travel cards such as AMEX Platinum or Chase Sapphire Reserve get included memberships in Priority Pass Lounges...which is a worldwide airport lounge club. Others can join on their own or sometimes purchase a day pass in a lounge. At SJU we are aware of a lounge in terminal C which is operated by Avianca. Its free for Priority Pass members. But I do believe that anyone can purchase a day pass for about $27. If I was stuck in SJU for 5 hours and could utilize that lounge in Terminal C....it would be money well spent.

Hank

At SJU we are aware of a lounge in terminal C which is operated by Avianca. Its free for Priority Pass members. But I do believe that anyone can purchase a day pass for about $27.

The lounge is affiliated with Priority Pass.

As for the "free" part, it completely depends on the level of Priority Pass membership. Some PP memberships come with unlimited visits, some with 10 annual visits and some with none included.

The $27 fee may be the PP fee - for those who don't have visits included (or have used them up) and for guests (again, depending on PP level). According to Lounge Buddy, the lounge is not purchaseable without PP, but that info may be out of date or incorrect.

But, it never hurts to ask.