Coba Mayan Ruins - any reviews?

happybunny1207

My DH and I are taking a cruise in October and are considering doing the Coba Mayan Ruins - since you are actually allowed to climb the pyramid. Has anyone ever taking an excursion there? Is it worth the $100/pp?

thanks!!!:D

We had done the Coba tour several years ago. Spectacular tour. Must see. Deep in jungle. We could climb it at that time. Top was great. Unfortunately my wife fell 6 steps from the bottom. Broke bones etc. Not the best place for injuries. Tour bus brought out it's first aid kit. 3 bandages, iodine and little else. Poor wife had to hike out and wait until we returned to our resort. Tequila helped. If you climb be careful but it is worth it to view the vista from the top. There are hand rails so hang on. Coba is only 5-10% excavated but a true archeologist find. Many areas to explore. This site will be a monster when more excavation is done. Don't miss it. Reason for the $100/pp is it is a long drive from where the ferry boat docks.

• 1 month later...

A visit to Coba is definitely worth the time and money.

Yes, the climb to the top of the main pyramid is treacherous, but so worth it - I think the pyramid at Coba is even harder to climb than the one at Chitzenitza.

There are "mayan taxis" available to ride you back out if the climb is too much for you.

Archived