Norman Island/Caves/Indians vs Virgin Gorda Baths

redmomof4

I've done both, and they both have their positive attributes... The Bath's is a true "bucket list" destination, but it can get very crowded, and thus difficult to get through the caves and such. The rock formations make for great vacation pictures, and there is some decent snorkeling.

On the other hand, I assume the charter you are looking at is the Aristocat (or something similar) The sail out to Norman Island is beautiful, and snorkeling at The Caves is pretty good... Same with The Indians. It's more of a laid back day.

I've done both, and they both have their positive attributes... The Bath's is a true "bucket list" destination, but it can get very crowded, and thus difficult to get through the caves and such. The rock formations make for great vacation pictures, and there is some decent snorkeling.

On the other hand, I assume the charter you are looking at is the Aristocat (or something similar) The sail out to Norman Island is beautiful, and snorkeling at The Caves is pretty good... Same with The Indians. It's more of a laid back day.

Perfect!! This is what I'm looking for! So, I would love your opinion on this since you've done both. My kids are 15-20 & are split about which one to choose. The day before we will toodle around STT with our own car, hit the scenery points and a few beaches so we will get some ocean time, but not super relaxing. I think we are the only ship at Tortolla that day so hoping if we got off early and took speedys straight to VG and then taxi to baths it wouldn't be too busy and then we could hang out at devils after for the beach and then go explore Spanish Town if we had ANY time before that 1240 ferry-so essentially baths super early. What would be your opinion with what we are doing the day before and my kids' ages?! Thank you in advance!

If you're in port just a short time (7 - 3 I assume?) you may be able to avoid some of the major crowd at the Baths by going on your own but not a guarantee. I'd suggest saving the Baths for another cruise with a longer port time, or better yet when on a land vacation to Tortola where you can plan a visit around the cruise ship schedule.

If snorkeling is a priority the day sail is definitely the better choice. It would also be much, much more relaxing that the rushed Baths visit.

If you are planning to rent a car and do some sightseeing on STT you would have the unique ability to hit a beach where there would be no other cruisers and you may want to consider that as part of your day. If you do want that you could stop in and see Coki, Sapphire, and Secret Harbor and then go to Cowpet Bay (Elysian Beach) for your beach time. Or if you want a quieter beach with a beach bar Hull Bay is more secluded.