Rhapsody Junior Suite questions

Noreen411

Hi.

We are thinking of cruising on Rhapsody.

Most of my recent history is on larger ships.

I know the suite perks aren’t the same on Rhapsody and the full suites are all near the front of the ship. I don’t like being that far forward.

I am looking at the Junior Suites.

Some are J4 and some are J3.

What is the difference? I can’t find one on royal’s website.

I thought location but sometimes they are right next to each other.

Some mid ship and some aft.

Any recommendations if some are better than others?

Thank you

Noreen

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi.

We are thinking of cruising on Rhapsody.

Most of my recent history is on larger ships.

I know the suite perks aren’t the same on Rhapsody and the full suites are all near the front of the ship. I don’t like being that far forward.

I am looking at the Junior Suites.

Some are J4 and some are J3.

What is the difference? I can’t find one on royal’s website.

I thought location but sometimes they are right next to each other.

Some mid ship and some aft.

Any recommendations if some are better than others?

Thank you

Noreen

Have done Rhapsody twice. Alaska and Greek Isles. We did JS's on the stern. If you can get one they are the best. HUGE balconies. The two corner JS's have balconies that wrap around the side. You can easily get 10 adults on the balcony with no problem (we've done it). We did feel some vibration, but nothing of great consequence (at least for us). You are under the Spa so we heard no noises from above.

The JS's, as well as the other suites are under the pool deck, Windjammer, etc. So when you pick one, check the deck plan for what's above. You will likely get noise in the morning and evening as the crew moves deck chairs around. If under the Solarium you can sometimes hear the dish cart being rolled over the tile (heard that on Legend). For us the JS is worth it. If you are super sensitive to noise, it coud be a problem.

Have done Rhapsody twice. Alaska and Greek Isles. We did JS's on the stern. If you can get one they are the best. HUGE balconies. The two corner JS's have balconies that wrap around the side. You can easily get 10 adults on the balcony with no problem (we've done it). We did feel some vibration, but nothing of great consequence (at least for us). You are under the Spa so we heard no noises from above.

The JS's, as well as the other suites are under the pool deck, Windjammer, etc. So when you pick one, check the deck plan for what's above. You will likely get noise in the morning and evening as the crew moves deck chairs around. If under the Solarium you can sometimes hear the dish cart being rolled over the tile (heard that on Legend). For us the JS is worth it. If you are super sensitive to noise, it coud be a problem.

Thank you for the info.

Have done several aft balconies on explorer and freedom. Those were great. Haven’t had aft cabin in a while. Maybe Rhapsody is when we look to do that location again.

Thank you

Just off the Rhapsody December 24, in JS 8022 and it was a great cabin. Being forward of midship was fine. A little noise in the late evenings/early mornings from deck crews cleaning the pool deck - but it was a fine stateroom. We even brought an LL Bean hammock, and hammock straps and hung it on the balcony - that was really our favorite part of the suite - having plenty of space to hang the hammock and still sit out on the balcony.

No other suite benefits included on the Rhapsody for JS - but still worth every penny.

Did Js 8560 on Rhapsody during a TA

our cabin was port side under solarium and at least once a day we would hear something like a 747 taking off above us. It was really loud on that tile floor.

One day, later in the cruise, we wear up in the solarium and saw them wheeling the cart full of wet towels from the pool deck to the elevator in the spa???

Spoke to one of the officers about it that was waling thru later

The last few days only heard the food cart or the loungers being moved.

I had 8534 this past nov. I think we were under the ice cream machines area. We are early risers ( also sad to say early to bed) never heard any noise from above except disbarktion day. And we were up, out on balcony. We were past the centrum (a few doors down), no problem with noise from that. Also a short walk to stairs and one flight up for all the action at the pool. We really loved the locatio

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I had 8534 this past nov. I think we were under the ice cream machines area. We are early risers ( also sad to say early to bed) never heard any noise from above except disbarktion day. And we were up, out on balcony. We were past the centrum (a few doors down), no problem with noise from that. Also a short walk to stairs and one flight up for all the action at the pool. We really loved the locatio

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Thanks! My sister has that cabin, and I am next door in 8532 in February. Happy to hear you liked that location. Will be interesting to see if that separating panel between our balconies is able to be opened...or being an older ship...might be solid metal.

We had JS 8100 (aft) in Nov, balcony was huge and we heard no noise from above or below. It is a walk from elevators to back of ship, but we did not mind that. Would gladly book that cabin again!

Hi

We were able to book JS 8100

Thank you for the positive feedback on the cabin.

Noreen

• 2 months later...
8812c14ddf49a5ee9b3df02b697eff56.jpg4a70cec3b6eae57518d9bfa9f4c496b5.jpg139a95d36650e373b9f88ecdc0486292.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Balcony looks great

I’m trying to decide on cabin for Rhapsody cruise next year, and seriously considering 8100, was the view looking down very obstructed? Never has a JS before, always done balcony..

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums