**LIVE** Grandeur of the Seas 4/26/2018 - 5/4/2018.

This is my first attempt ever to do a live thread. I've been reading a couple of either long reviews (Mitsugirly's) and PCWalton1's current live toward's China and other people. Its inspired me to do one for this upcoming journey.

A little bit about myself. I am going solo on this one. That's why I will have plenty of time to take pictures and document everything. I'm doing this solo because I need exactly 18 points to get to Diamond, and this 9 night cruise was cheap enough to warrant me going solo without my wife and getting the double points. This is my first and ONLY Emerald level cruise. However, this is also the longest cruise I've done via a guarantee interior. I usually book the exact room I want. There are other reasons she's not going, but basically, I have the time off, and she doesn't.

This will be my 4th time on the Grandeur so I'm fairly familiar with her layout. This is in totality, my 19th cruise spread across 5 lines.

Our journey will take us out of Baltimore and make stops at Charleston, Port Canaveral, Miami, Nassau, and maybe Cococay (you know what i'm talking about).

I hope you guys enjoy my live thread. There will be plenty of photos.

As I said earlier, I did a guarantee interior. I’ve only done this once before but it was a short 2 night cruise to nowhere. The room I’m assigned, is the one I’m stuck with since the cruise is sold out, or mostly sold out.

96bb89bf6623674822405fce8ee9bd8d.jpg

yup, way on the back end next to this huge white section I believe is the Kitchen, though if memory serves, I THINK I’m next to the kitchen office.

Wish me luck?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

YAY!!!!!! I am sooo excited for this. Hardly any recent reviews for the Grandeur. We have her booked and very much looking forward to it. Have a safe trip and I will watch for your updates!

There was a live thread on the current cruise now, but its been 3 days since the last activity. I was following it to get my fix before my cruise.

There was a live thread on the current cruise now, but its been 3 days since the last activity. I was following it to get my fix before my cruise.

Yes, I was following it. Don't know what happened though. Very much looking forward to yours!

As I said earlier, I did a guarantee interior. I’ve only done this once before but it was a short 2 night cruise to nowhere. The room I’m assigned, is the one I’m stuck with since the cruise is sold out, or mostly sold out.

96bb89bf6623674822405fce8ee9bd8d.jpg

yup, way on the back end next to this huge white section I believe is the Kitchen, though if memory serves, I THINK I’m next to the kitchen office.

Wish me luck?

As I'm here at work, being absolutely useless and floundering, my friend who was on the Grandeur two cruise ago THINKS that I'm next to food storage, which means minimal noise. Yay? I know i'm under Chef's Table, which doesn't get loud unless someone's in it, and I don't see them going into it in the middle of the night really.

Have a great cruise! I am looking forward to following along and seeing your pictures and reading your thoughts on the old gal. I sailed once on Grandeur back in 2008 and it helped start my love of cruising. Safe Travels and thanks in advance for reporting live!

Have a great trip. Baltimore would be the closest port to me but I still haven't sailed out of it yet.

Pride (Carnival) has limited itineraries. I've done one of them, twice and loved it. Grandeur is more varied. It does a 9 nights down the coast like i'm doing now. It does a 9 night Bermuda/Bahamas trip which i did last year which was awesome. It used to do a 10 night that stopped in Cozumel, Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Labadee, but doesn't anymore. I LIKED that itinerary a lot. It also does 12 nights to St. Maarten, St. Thomas, that area. They also run 5 nights to Bermuda and 7 - 9 nights to Canada, so you can see Grandeur is a lot more varied.

Also, Baltimore is the BEST port for embarkation. My record stands with them. 13 minutes, door to ship. 2nd was Anthem, 15 minutes door to ship. And yes, I will start the stopwatch when i go through the door :p. Its kind of a thing i do now.

I am also going to be following along. I was on the cruise with you last July and met you at the Meet and Mingle. Will be interested in pictures of your cabin.

I remember your name. That was a great itinerary.

If i remember correctly, the cabins on this level have the entry door on the long end of the cabin, while the one we had on deck 7 had the entry door on the side. I did a cabin crawl many years ago, and even though the ones on deck 7 were "large interiors", the ones on the lower level that are regular interiors use their space better. They give you a chair, but on the lower decks, the chair is where the door is on the upper levels which is out of the way, but the reverse cannot be true because to put the chair where the door is on the lower levels, would block the closet, so the chair on the upper levels is placed at an angle next to the bathroom which takes away floor space from the cabin in my opinion. I will post a picture and doodle on it. I have an app on my phone that added the "I am here" tag above.

Following along. Grandeur was my very first cruise. Too bad rooms were sold out. We tried guarantee for our upcoming cruise but we were able to switch to room of choice (same category) once got assignment. Enjoy your cruise. Great it will move you up when done.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Following along. Grandeur was my very first cruise. Too bad rooms were sold out. We tried guarantee for our upcoming cruise but we were able to switch to room of choice (same category) once got assignment. Enjoy your cruise. Great it will move you up when done.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

When I got my room assigned, it was I think an A designation so that’s usually the lowest level. I figured to just roll the dice with the room i have since its way down in the corner. It would mean low foot travel outside my door.