Grandeur of the Seas- 1Feb2018- Sailing Change- will now over night in Miami

Grandeur of the Seas sailing on February 1, 2018.

Recently, the Grandeur required technical maintenance of one of the two rudders used to steer the ship. Although this was taken care of and the ship is fully operational, we will be spending additional time in Miami to conduct routine maintenance. As a result, we modified your clients’ itinerary adding extra time in Miami allowing guests to enjoy its nightlife and an extra day. Cococay has been removed from the itinerary.

We hope they will be able to enjoy their extra time in Miami, one of America’s most popular tourist destinations. They will be able to check out the buzzing Bayside Marketplace or Wynwood, one of Miami’s trendiest up and coming area filled with vibrant artwork, restaurants, brewery’s, and shopping. If they’re looking for a more laidback experience, it is home to the world renowned South Beach area, or they can check out the groundbreaking Frost Science Museum, a perfect place for families. Miami has a scene for every age group!

Any pre-paid shore excursions for Nassau, Bahamas will be rescheduled by our Shore Excursions Department within 2 business days. Then they will be able to book new excursions for the second night in Miami via our Cruise Planner.

Please note that because of the timing of this change, we have reached out to your clients, and advised them of these details.

We apologize for the affect this change may have on your clients’ vacation, but rest assured their cruise will be wonderful. We can’t wait to welcome them onboard!

Just a little upset about the port changes. One week prior to leaving Royal decides they are doing routine maintenance. If it is routine they should have know this earlier then this. Now we need to decide what to do the second day in Miami. Checked the cruise planner and not too many excursions to choose from. Has not been updated as of a few hours ago. Hoping they update and add some additional options.

I guess we will make the best of it. It's vacation and a cruise!!!!!!:cool:

The tone of the email regarding this itinerary change was most distressing. There was no mention of any accommodation for the replacement of Coco Cay with a second day in Miami. In fact, the email reads that, in Miami, we would experience "one of America's most popular tourist destinations." I do not appreciate the spin, attempting to appease. Royal Caribbean has made a big deal about their lovely Coco Cay Island day and we had looked forward to spending a fun day on the beach. Now we need to purchase another shore excursion in Miami. We booked this cruise specifically for the two days in the Bahamas. Now we only have one day in the Bahamas. What is the "routine maintenance" to be conducted? I thought that the ship's rudder was repaired in Port Canaveral. We are concerned about the condition of this ship, and we wonder what else is wrong? We have cruised often with many cruise lines, but we have never been on Royal Caribbean and I am sure that we will never cruise with Royal Caribbean again. We have experienced so many issues regarding this cruise - including dining mix-ups requiring numerous phone calls, the frequent inability to get into cruise planner on the website due to "modifications" being made, the damage to the rudder causing the two day itinerary change a couple of weeks ago, the norovirus outbreak (Yes, I know that can be common), the incessant emails pushing the upgrade restaurants and packages, and now this disappointing itinerary change. Changing the itinerary during a cruise, due to mechanical issues, weather, medical emergencies, etc, is understandable . However, changing the itinerary for "routine maintenance" a week before sailing seems like a bait and switch. We were really bummed and considered cancelling. Although, if we cancelled, Royal Caribbean's Travel insurance plan would only refund 75% since we did not meet the covered perils of health conditions, death, car accident, house break in, and a few other reasons. With trepidation, we are going on this cruise. The Royal Caribbean email ends with, "rest assured (our) cruise will be wonderful" - I truly hope so.

We just received the email but are not overly disappointed. Coco Cay has never been a sure thing since it requires tenders to access. On the plus side, the long range weather forecast looks pretty good.

Sorry for your changed port, but good attitude. As you state missing CoCo Cay is pretty common this time of yr anyway. Missed it 2 times myself when it first opened but that was peak Hurricane season waves. Then we only ended up with extra sea days...

I guess the check engine light came on and they chose Miami on this cruise to check it out.

Love this LOL!!!!! Just hoping we don't have any mechanical problems prior to Miami.

Just read some new posts from our roll call .People are angry and have brought up some good points. I agree with Lady Hudson regarding some compensation. This is not weather related its mechanical. I know the cruise contract say blah blah blah. Some people are happy with the changes but many are not. Many have made plans at the original ports dates and some can not be changed. Many will lose money. Hoping we have no issues prior to arriving in Miami.

I needed to vent. Now I will have to look on the bright side. We are on a cruise and not sitting in our homes or offices. Also escaping the cold northeast weather.

Edited by ETski

Anyone onboard the Grandeur now? We are on the next cruise Feb 1. We just received a email from Royal that they are changes our ports. Stated they were going to have to do some "routine maintenance" during our cruise. Would appreciate any info regarding your cruise. Lots of us are concerned about the email we received.

I have been disappointed all day from this itinerary change....why Miami.... I would much rather be in Nassau but will lose money even with the insurance. As far as I’m concerned it is not the consumers fault when RC is doing “routine maintenance “. I feel everyone onboard should be compensated in some way but that isn’t going to happen. I guess I need to figure out something to do in Miami.

• 4 weeks later...