This teacher mommy of a 3 year old is so relaxed now! Imagination 2-15-2018

Katemusical

Let me start by saying, we have sailed this the Imagination and its sister ship, the Inspiration.. and love the quick getaway! This time we were celebrating a long Presidents' Day weekend on the ship; as well as celebrating my son's 3 year old birthday. We were with another family who have a 3 year old as well; so that was very helpful. Carnival does a great job entertaining families with little kids. Some other cruiselines do not and it's noticeable who they want sailing on their ships. Since we have sailed on the Imagination before, we knew that we wanted to enjoy the Dr. Seuss breakfast and other kids related activities.

We drove in from Las Vegas (so did the rest of the city, it seemed like) to the cruise terminal. It was obvious that the terminal had had an upgrade but was still being worked on. Since we were late for our reservation time, they sent us to the "Late" line; which made me laugh. There was no one in that line and we walked right in. We checked in quickly and got to take some fun pictures all over the terminal. Also we were wearing "Isaac's birthday cruise" shirts; so that was entertaining to other cruisers and crew all day. We wanted to make the most of those shirts. Also, I noticed that they don't take your picture anymore... they just use your passport pics. Finally, we were heading up the gangway with a very excited 3 year old..and of course, stopping for that professional picture with the toddler pretending to drive the ship. It turned out VERY CUTE!

Our cabin (V20) was ready for us, so we went right up to the room. A rollaway was placed on the floor flat for the toddler to sleep in; and our twins pushed together for the one bed. Our cabin steward was very nice and always brought extra towels and had ice in the bucket for us. Augh, the toddler also dropped the phone receiver on the glasses and one shattered all over the floor. Our steward came right away and cleaned it up for us.

We ate every night in the Pride Dining Room, which hosts the Anytime Diners. We usually went around 8 p.m. and had a little wait. In fact, we were surprised and very happy that we were seated in the same section every night of the trip. This NEVER happens. We had the same waitstaff, who we loved. The dinner menus have some decent choices. We did not order from the extra $20 part of the menu because we found things to eat. I always end up ordering three (or maybe 4) appetizers because they all sound good. Order as much as you want..it's expected of you to enjoy yourself. The flat iron steak was very good this trip. Last trip I did not enjoy it as much. We also all loved the duck that was served on the 2nd night. It was so juicy with a crispy skin. So delicious. Desserts were just ok. The chocolate melting cake can be a little bitter for my taste. The last night, the Baked Alaska is paraded around the room and served. It tasted alright...we all agreed we have had better. We did not complain though. We were all thoroughly full and happy every night. The kids menu is very good. Also one night the toddler wanted mac and cheese; so the chef whipped him up a big bowl with his chicken nuggets. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH I LOVE CRUISING!

The burgers at Guy's are so good. Plus they have a wonderful condiment bar. My toddler is strange in that his favorite foods are mushrooms and avocado. The condiment bar was fully stocked with mushrooms for him. He was happy! My hubby LOVES the burritos at the taco stand next to Guys. I can't remember the name. It offers shrimp, chicken, fish or steak tacos and burritos. It is delicious. Plus the tortillas are freshly made in front of you.

We went to the shows the 2nd and 3rd nights. Divas is good; but a little long...keep in mind I'm a musical theater teacher so I LOVE shows.The cast is VERY talented though. We all LOVED the Epic Rock show! That was a cool rock show. Technically, these shows are amazing productions. Unfortunately, we did not get to any of the comedy shows this time. We played Bingo one time; and my hubby won $50-. YAY!

I took advantage of the spa day on the port day. They give discounts on port days. I got the seaweed wrap and aqua bed treatment. SOOOOOOOOO RELAXING! Just what this teacher momma of a toddler needed!!

Our cabin location turned out to be FANTASTIC! We were right down the hall from the kids' camp (which we used twice), a couple of floors from the dining room, one floor from the spa, two floors from the Lido...everything was so easy to get to. Plus it was so quiet at night on that floor. Top floor in the back is the way to go.

We did not get off the ship in Ensenada. The toddler took advantage of the little water slides and pool while it was empty.

Debarkation was also easy. You have to be out of your cabin by 8:30a.m. You end up seeing the entire ship in the buffet. Most people walk off their luggage since it's just a little weekend getaway. We always have WAY too much to carry off. Everyone got called to leave around 9:30 a.m. It was great! Customs went quickly and lots of porters around to help you if you can't carry all of your luggage. Sigh, now it's over...

This is a great family trip for all ages.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...