Sun in drydock

gerrimom

I asked this question a few months ago - I was hoping one of the "insiders" might have more info than simply "Norwegian Edge enhancements," but I had no luck. Some pre-dry-dock work is creating havoc on the current sailing though! Looks like they are doing some serious rehabbing to the pool deck & promenade deck among other areas.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2616759&page=7

We were told they are gutting the ship. All new furniture in state rooms, was told the observation lounge is also going.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The loss of the observation lounge would be sad. The Sun has one of the best observation lounges with the outdoor walkway forward of it.

We were told they are gutting the ship. All new furniture in state rooms, was told the observation lounge is also going.

Any idea what would replace the observation area? I interested in the SA cruise going through the locks. The observation area would have been useful.

NOOOOO!!! :mad::mad::(:(:mad::mad:

That was one of my fears - the observation lounge is one of my favorite things about the ship. They turned a similar area on the Dawn into suites a few years back - I hope that's not the plan. If it becomes another space for everyone to enjoy in a new way, that would be ok.

The loss of the observation lounge would be sad. The Sun has one of the best observation lounges with the outdoor walkway forward of it.

Non revenue generating. Gotta go and turn the place into a money making space.

I have not heard anything about converting the Observation Lounge- just updating carpet, furnishings and some renovations to the bar area.

I believe that Moderno is being converted into either Los Lobos or Ocean Blue. The Sports Bar at the aft of the ship may become The Place (new naming for O'Sheehan's).

I have not heard anything about converting the Observation Lounge- just updating carpet, furnishings and some renovations to the bar area.

I believe that Moderno is being converted into either Los Lobos or Ocean Blue. The Sports Bar at the aft of the ship may become The Place (new naming for O'Sheehan's).

Thanks, Mandy. I trust your judgement on the Observation Lounge! And I've missed not having an O'Sheehan's on the Sun. So glad to hear that we may have one on the post dry dock trip.

Thanks, Mandy. I trust your judgement on the Observation Lounge! And I've missed not having an O'Sheehan's on the Sun. So glad to hear that we may have one on the post dry dock trip.

Just heard from a Senior staff member on The Sun. According to them the Observation Lounge will become Spinnaker Lounge like on "Jewel Class" ships. They think that the outside deck will be taken out. They did not know for sure. They also did not have any information about the restaurants.

If I hear anything I will post it.

I wish it were possible to be on this cruise. I have to pay medical expenses on 3 surgeries since the end of November.

Mandy

Just heard from a Senior staff member on The Sun. According to them the Observation Lounge will become Spinnaker Lounge like on "Jewel Class" ships. They think that the outside deck will be taken out. They did not know for sure. They also did not have any information about the restaurants.

If I hear anything I will post it.

I wish it were possible to be on this cruise. I have to pay medical expenses on 3 surgeries since the end of November.

Mandy

I've been holding onto the hope that you would be physically and financially well enough to still join us. I'm sorry to hear you won't be on board this trip. Hope I get to meet you on another cruise in the future. Meanwhile, take care of yourself!

Sandy

Mandy, something is becoming Los Lobos because there were signs on the ship. Someone had some pictures of it. You think it might be Moderno getting replaced instead of Las Ramblas? Do you know if there was any construction around Las Ramblas?

I have asked questions of my staff friends on board, but so far they have not responded to specific questions. My guess would be that the Sports Bar will become The Place (new name for O'Sheehan's--about time).

I do know they changing out some navigational equipment on The Bridge. I am hoping that they update or replace the Bow Web Cam. That poor thing has been three or four days behind for a month. Maybe it needs a better satellite feed- which could also mean better internet and wi-fi--my guess only.

I have asked questions of my staff friends on board, but so far they have not responded to specific questions. My guess would be that the Sports Bar will become The Place (new name for O'Sheehan's--about time).

I do know they changing out some navigational equipment on The Bridge. I am hoping that they update or replace the Bow Web Cam. That poor thing has been three or four days behind for a month. Maybe it needs a better satellite feed- which could also mean better internet and wi-fi--my guess only.

What an uninspired and boring name!

Couldn't they come up with anything better?

According to NCL website the bar on the Bliss replacing O'Sheehan's is called "The Local" bar and grill.

Now that would work! Dazzles is too small and very dated. Ironically it was the Spinnaker Lounge that was removed on the Dawn to make suites. I hope they keep the deck though.

Now that would work! Dazzles is too small and very dated. Ironically it was the Spinnaker Lounge that was removed on the Dawn to make suites. I hope they keep the deck though.

Las Ramblas is going to be Los Cabos we just got off. Did not hear about the Observation lounge, but there were no officers to be found after 500 passengers held an impromptu meeting about the appalling conditions onboard

My husband joined the ship when she was in Acapulco and is sailing with her up to Victoria, then working on her dry dock.

I don't really know what they are going to do, his work is more behind the scenes electrician-kinda 'stuff'.

:):)

My husband joined the ship when she was in Acapulco and is sailing with her up to Victoria, then working on her dry dock.

I don't really know what they are going to do, his work is more behind the scenes electrician-kinda 'stuff'.

:):)

Let us know what he finds out!