S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

SHIP: Solstice

CABIN#: 6289

DECK#:6

CLASS: Obstructed Balcony

AREA: Aft

BED NEAR: Bath

QUIET: NO!

BALCONY VIEW: Obstructed by blue roof and some machinery

BALCONY SIZE: Standard

WIND A PROBLEM: No

SOOT A PROBLEM: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Random and intermittent banging/clanking, enough to wake one up...the deck plan for deck 5 below shows a "white area" - an undefined crew area, probably galley/kitchen/service area as it is between Blu and Murano. Noise as late as 2 am and as early as 5 am. I would rather be above the theater. This cabin (and probably adjacent cabins, including matching cabins on the other side) look like they are the only cabins on the ship that are above a kitchen/galley (I'm not including Cafe Al Bacio and Sushi on 5 - these prep areas are very small). Avoid.

CABIN#: 9330

DECK#: 9

CLASS: Concierge

BED NEAR: Balcony

QUIET: No

BALCONY VIEW: Standard, unobstructed

BALCONY SIZE: Standard

WIND A PROBLEM: No

SOOT A PROBLEM: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: The metal ceiling panels would creak/rattle with the slightest movement of the ship. So unless you are in port there is 24/7 creaking/rattling - not enough to wake you up, but really annoying on a trans-oceanic cruise. I stuffed rolled up washcloths between the panels with poor results. Also there was a strong vibration from the engines...strong enough that I will call it a shuddering, you can see your body vibrating while lying on the bed. Also really annoying and unrestful. This room is mid-aft, between the stacks - which means between the 2 engine rooms. The front of the ship is much quieter.

Ship: Reflection - 20 October 2017 Transatlantic Rome to Ft.Lauderdale

Cabin: 1138

DECK #: 10

CLASS: C2

AREA: Mid-ship, starboard side

BED NEAR: The bath

QUIET?: Yes

BALCONY VIEW: Views out and facing aft. This cabin ison the back angle, so you can't see forward towards the bridge.

BALCONY SIZE: Larger than the regular cabins butsmaller than the other angle balcony. Two chairs, two footstools, andround table. I had a shadybalcony during the crossing.

WIND A PROBLEM?: No

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Great location nearthe mid-ship elevators and stairs; and only three flights up to the OVC andpool area. This is a connecting cabin, but I did not hear the person next door(1136). There was an occasional sound in the bathroom that came from the showerdrain, but not an issue. Cabin attendant Naves was great!!! If I askedfor something, he brought it right away. Quiet man, friendly and always with asmile on his face. I would not hesitate to book this cabin again.

Monica

Deck - 7 Equinox

Cabin # - 7350

Class – Veranda

Starboard or Port Side - starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet! No noise other than neighbor's door closing - every cabin has this.

Balcony View - great view! The Silk Harvest restaurant roof was on 6, but did not effect view

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal, 6th floor balcony below had a larger balcony.

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? No

I would book this cabin again any time!:)

Edited by richnorto
Ship is Equinox

SHIP: Equinox

CABIN #: 8334

DECK #: 8

CLASS: 1A

AREA: aft

BED NEAR: bath

QUIET?: extremely

BALCONY VIEW: great. no obstructions, except you can't look straight down to the water because the roof of the MDR is there. Balcony so angled so you have a good view up the length of the ship to the hump. Due to the aerodynamics, there seemed to be less wind even though the balcony jutted out. The balconies ahead of ours got wetter in the light rain, interestingly.

BALCONY SIZE: larger than the one beside, but it was a different class.

WIND A PROBLEM?:no

SOOT A PROBLEM?:no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Because there is no aft elevator bank, it was a long walk to the stairs/elevators, but we got used to that. Otherwise it is was a great cabin and the steward was amazing. Only in Miami did we park so that we were the port side.

SHIP: Reflection

CABIN #: 6254

DECK #: 6

CLASS: 2B

AREA: Aft, starboard

QUIET?: Yes. The pull-down extra bed had a slight squeak that we easily silenced

BALCONY VIEW: Lifeboat below, no obstruction looking straight out

BALCONY SIZE: Normal

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: This is far enough from elevators not to have a lot of traffic but close enough to be a quick walk.

CABIN #: 9374

DECK #: 9

CLASS: S1

BED NEAR: N/A

QUIET?: Extremely

BALCONY VIEW: Aft and starboard

BALCONY SIZE: Oversized

WIND A PROBLEM?: Yes

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: This was the quietest cabin we have ever stayed in. It was below staterooms and all the way aft. To get to our cabin and the one next door, you had to enter through a keyed door (which often was not closed.) and there was no through traffic. We sailed from Sydney to New Zealand and the Tasman Sea is extremely windy. Wind on the balcony whipped from the starboard size around to the aft. Sometimes it was brutal. I would not book a corner sky suite on a windy itinerary again. The cabin was great as were our butler and stateroom attendant. The cabin also had a large porthole that was ever so slightly obstructed by the supporting structure for window washing equipment on the deck above.

CABIN #: 8344

DECK #: 8

CLASS: SV

AREA: AFT

BED NEAR:Veranda

QUIET?: VERY

BALCONY VIEW:AFT-Excellent

BALCONY SIZE: LARGE

WIND A PROBLEM?:NO WIND

SOOT A PROBLEM?:Some

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Very Quiet. Very far away from elevators. Some soot on some days. Do not wear white socks or bear feet. Sound from the propeller water is very restful. Due to Attendant closet next door, the veranda is a few feet wider than others. 2nd. time that I have been able to book this cabin on the S class. Would do it again!

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Reflection

Deck - 12

Cabin # - 1628

Class – C1

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Yes; near elevators but no atrium or elevator noise

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Forward and Aft - Hump

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Smaller than others; definitely less than normal

Was wind a problem? No unless standing at rail

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? No

Any other comments?

Disappointed that the hump verandah was smaller than any other we've had. Not much room between balcony door/window and chairs/railing. Hard to move around. Will not book another hump cabin.

CABIN #: 9174

DECK #: 9

CLASS: Inside

AREA: Starboard Bow (front of the ship accessed on the right side)

BED NEAR: Wall (inside) --- far away from bathroom with couch in between

QUIET?: Yes, except for Tender day with anchors and ropes being dropped at 7 a.m.

BALCONY VIEW: No Balcony

BALCONY SIZE: No Balcony

WIND A PROBLEM?:

SOOT A PROBLEM?:

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Great inside cabin. End of the hallway made me feel we might have some crew noise etc., but never heard anything other than anchor dropping on tender day.

• 2 weeks later...

Silhouette

CABIN #: 1515

DECK #: 11

CLASS: AQ

AREA: Forward, Port

QUIET?: Could hear the pounding bass/vibration from the Sky Lounge in late evenings. Not awfully loud, but not quiet either.

BALCONY VIEW: Great view. Could see bridge when looking forward.

BALCONY SIZE: Normal but very comfortable even with footstools

WIND A PROBLEM?: On several windy days, couldn’t sit on balcony. Noticed more wind than our usual mid-ship location.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Would not book again because of music/vibration late evenings.

Ship: Reflection

Cabin #: 2151

Class: A1

Area: Midship port

Bed Near: Bath

Quiet?: Yes, very

Balcony View: Forward, great view

Balcony Size: Oversized hump balcony. Very roomy

Wind a problem?: No

Soot a problem?: No

Problems/Comments: Great quiet and convenient location. Midship very near elevators but NO noise! Close to Captains Club desk and elevators. Although before boarding we were concerned about possible noise being below the pool deck we heard no noise at all. We would definitely book again.

SHIP: ECLIPSE

CABIN #: 6166

DECK #: 6 Location excellent for both stairs and elevators.

CLASS: 2C

AREA: Midship, slightly forward.

BED NEAR: Very comfortable bed next to the bath.

QUIET?: No problems at all.

BALCONY VIEW: Lifeboat under balcony but no obstruction when looking out. Just fine for the price as we hardly used the Balcony as the Caribbean is hot outside.

BALCONY SIZE: Standard, 2 chairs & table.

SOOT A PROBLEM?:No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

SHIP: Silhouette

CABIN #: 1539

CLASS: Aqua

AREA: Port Side Aft

BED NEAR: Door (unfortunately)

QUIET?: Most of the time expect some nights when chairs above moved around

BALCONY VIEW: No obstructions

BALCONY SIZE: Good size with two chairs, foot stools and nice sized table for dining

WIND A PROBLEM?: Rarely n

SOOT A PROBLEM?: Never

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Being on the port side, the occasional smell of smoking area from above. Very close to the elevator which was great and actually a lot quieter than we expected.

CABIN #: 1655

AREA: Port Side Aft

QUIET?: Mostly. Occasional noise from cabin above around 11pm for a short time

BALCONY VIEW: excellent. No obsructions

BALCONY SIZE: Adequate - plenty of room for footstools, adjustable chairs and table

WIND A PROBLEM?: Only if standing at rail on windy sea days

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Room was lovely, plenty of space for a scooter which we were concerned about. Lots of room for storage both in bathroom and in stateroom. Took the suggestion to bring storage bins for above the bed-- came in very handy. Fruit delivered every day. Safe had plenty of room. Drapes had some fraying and couch a little worn but very large. Bed very comfortable, very soft linens. Room kept immaculate.

CABIN #: 6277

DECK #: 6

CLASS: 2C?

BED NEAR: Closet

QUIET?: Mostly. Occasional noise on balcony or when balcony door open from what appeared to be a crew area down one deck and to the left.

BALCONY VIEW: See comments below.

BALCONY SIZE: Normal.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: View obstructed by 2 lifeboat stanchions in front of the balcony. You could still certainly see just fine, but every picture I took from the balcony includes those lifeboat holders! I knew it was partially obstructed going in, but was not aware the stanchions were in front of this balcony--previous cruises in same class of balcony I thought were in cabins that had the lifeboat itself in front of--and importantly, below--the balcony so the view was not obstructed unless looking down.

Edited by bottomfeeder
Missed a couple lines.

Ship: Solstice (Tracy Arm Fjord Alaska, September 2017)

Deck - 12

Cabin # 2152: aft

Class – Concierge

Bed near - Balcony

Aft Cabin – Never heard anything from either side, one side was "connecting" wouldn't have known it. There is a restaurant above, occasionally heard chairs scraping, but really wasn't an issue for me. There is a slight overhang, giving half sun, half shade every sunny day, and protection from rain - big BONUS!

Balcony View - Great unobstructed view, loved watching the wake. Looking down, you could see all balconies - mine and all below were about 5' wider - plenty of room on the balcony for two chair/loungers with foot rest and a table, still lots of empty space.

Balcony Size? Oversized balcony

Was wind a problem? Not at all...I used the balcony a lot for lounging and enjoying room service for a few breakfasts and dinners. Last few days we had a lot of fog, loved hearing the fog horn.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? Never saw soot.

Any specific problems with this cabin? Not for me. It was spacious, the bathroom had great storage and the roomy shower had glass doors, not a curtain. The upgraded Concierge amenities were nice, the bed and pillows very comfortable, and the closet was big, with lots of hangers. I brought a plug device with two USB charging ports and two 120 plugs, perfect for all my needs. My two charging cords were long enough to reach the bed.

Any other comments? It's an aft cabin, I knew it was a hike to the stairs/elevators but I enjoy the exercise. I only used elevator if late (rare) so while I started out day one resting between multiple decks, by day four I was good, day seven I felt like Rocky. (Even with moderate food/drink, I lost 6 lbs.) Food on Solstice was good, especially MDR, but loved eggs benedict made to order for breakfast at the buffet when I didn't order from room service. I was glad I got the classic beverage pkg., daily use of 5 bottles of water, 1 glass wine at lunch and dinner, 2-3 lattes a day/couple w/shot of Kahlua, and a bloody Mary here and there, I saved money. Loved the cheesecake, had it for dessert every day, and al Bacio cookies and pastries, yum. The cabin and staff were top notch, I felt pampered and the cruise exceeded my expectations. The only disappointment was the mud slide night before in Skagway, I missed a booked heliocopter/glacier walk as we were diverted to tiny, not much to do, Icy Straits. (Now I'll have to go back. I'll book the same cabin.) loved Concierge - upgraded embark and disembark a breeze, virtually no lines...for me that alone was worth the extra cost. Especially nice was the welcome lunch when got on ship, and continental breakfast in restaurant waiting area to disembark. Concierge host Josue saved me several times (most appreciated: I needed an additional luggage tag for Seattle's free luggage valet-to-home airport baggage pick-up, guest services said too late, but he got it for me), he was awesome! My fourth cruise, this cruise EXEEDED my expectations; if I am fortunate to go on another cruise, only Celebrity for me.

CABIN #: 1544

CLASS: AQ2

AREA: Forward, Starboard

QUIET?: Very

BALCONY VIEW: Full view, no obstructions

BALCONY SIZE: standard

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: This cabin is right off the forward elevators and under the hair salon. There was no noise heard from above and we only occasionally heard the ding from the elevator. Excellent location.

Cabin reports on this thread have been compiled into a spreadsheet that can be read online or downloaded to Excel for further review and research. The date of the spreadsheet reflects the last update.

Thanks for your contribution.

Google Spreadsheet

Please use this format for posting your cabin reviews. Feel free to add photos or links to photos also.

CABIN #: 1269

BALCONY VIEW: Yes

BALCONY SIZE: Didn't measure - standard veranda/concierge/aqua size balcony.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

Bed faces forward. Considerable vibration throughout cruise.

Cabin reports on this thread have been compiled into a spreadsheet that can be read online or downloaded to Excel for further review and research. The date of the spreadsheet reflects the last update.

Thanks for your contribution.

Google Spreadsheet

Please use this format for posting your cabin reviews. Feel free to add photos or links to photos also.

CABIN #: 1271

BED NEAR: Bathroom

BALCONY VIEW: Yes

BALCONY SIZE: Same as standard veranda/concierge/aqua class rooms.

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

Bed faces aft. Considerable vibration throughout cruise.

CABIN #: 1610

CLASS: Aqua

AREA: Mid Ship, close to Elevators, on the hump

BED NEAR: Bathroom/Cabin Entrance

QUIET?: Very quiet - heard chairs being moved on pool deck above a few times during early morning, but it wasn’t an issue.

BALCONY VIEW: Fabulous, forward/starboard facing view. No view of cabins aft.

BALCONY SIZE: Impressively large due to being on the forward side of hump

WIND A PROBLEM?: It was windy as you approached the balcony railing, yet closer to the cabin sliding door, there was hardly a breeze.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Loved this cabin so much, we booked it again on another cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Deck - Sunrise

Cabin # - 7364 Reflection

Class – SV

Starboard or Port Side - AFT

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin – Very quiet cabin. Connects with #7362 via an inside door. Never heard our neighbors.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Beautiful unobstructed view of the wake.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Larger

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? Minor soot problem. Cabin steward wiped down deck and furniture every morning.

Any specific problems with this cabin? May have been a plumbing problem. One afternoon the toilet wouldn't flush. The cabin steward said the were resetting something and the problem was resolved quickly.

Any other comments? There is a trundle bed under the sofa and a pull down berth. The steward suggest using the trundle mattress on top of the sofa for added comfort. Using the trundle would have blocked the path to the balcony.

Edited by Marelaine

Deck -

Cabin # - 6263-Equinox

Class – 2C

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin – Very quiet cabin.. Never heard our neighbors too much just a little chit chat on balcony.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Balcony view was nice. It was semi obstructed view but only looked at top of life boat. Not a problem at all. Couldnt look straight down but no bid deal to us.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? Not an aft cabin and no soot.

Any specific problems with this cabin? After reading reviews on cabins close to this location was worried about smokers from floor below.. we had our door open all the time. Never smelled any smoke at all.

Any other comments? No was a nice room.