Yes, Another Price Adjustment Question

ihopfar

Hi All,

Just put on hold my first Princess cruise after 5+ years. With the new itineraries for 2019 that just came out this week, I was able to grab a coveted Corner-Aft Balcony.

This cabin is category B4 -- which seems to cover only the Aft Balconies, which of course, there are not many.

As it is so far from the cruise, and the initial fares seem high compared to the current 2018 equivalent prices, I would like to be able to take advantage of price drops when/if they come along between now and final payment.

Will princess only be able to give me price adjustments if there are B4 cabins available to price match? Obviously it seems the B4 will all be gone relatively soon, making that a challenge if that is the case.

Thanks!

Brad

Thanks all for the information!

A follow-on question: When the B4 categories are all booked, will Princess likely have a guarantee for that category available? If so, will they price match to that price without making me give up my assigned room?

Thanks!

Brad

I often reserve category S7, and that category often sells out. I have not been able to get a price adjustment or add Sip and Sail when the category was sold out - only when there was one available.

One time when I was not able to get Sip and Sail, someone else on the roll call posted that they had the same problem. They gave up their S7 for a mini-suite to book Sip and Sail. As soon as I saw that post, I called Princess and converted to Sip and Sail (available because of the cabin that was not available).

Another time I took a risk and won. I called Princess and asked the representative to move me to another cabin and then to move me back to my original S7 cabin (under Sip and Sail) immediately after releasing it. She was able to move me back (with Sip and Sail) before anyone else reserved the cabin. It was a risk I was willing to take, since I had another cruise that I would have taken instead if I had lost my cabin.