Celebrity Premium Drinks Package

LesleySP

Apparently, the classic beverage package is limited to a glass of soda which is 3-4 oz of soda in a glassful of ice. To get a CAN of soda you must upgrade to the Premium package. So cans of soda now add USD $23.60 per day for the upgrade.

The poor waitstaff now have to run to the bar every time you drink your tiny glass of soda. To deliver a can of soda they have to bring it to in 3 or 4 tiny glasses and make 3 or 4 trips to the bar. So if you really want to drink 3 cans of soda that means. 9-12 trips to the bar.

And NO, you CAN'T order two glasses at a time.

I presume this is to require a beverage package. 4 glasses of soda would run you $14.00 +$2.50 gratuity, without a package.

It also magnifies the reduction in waitstaff, as they are forced to do more work with less personnel.

Does the Premium Drinks Package cover speciality coffees at El Bacco or is there a surcharge?

Sticking to the original point, yes it does, it covers everything available in Al Bacio, and as mentioned already its a very nice area on both classes of vessel.

Sticking to the original point, yes it does, it covers everything available in Al Bacio, and as mentioned already its a very nice area on both classes of vessel.

Thank you!!

We are currently cruising with the Celebrity Eclipse, so I went and checked!! Premium package covers just about everything I would say including El Bacco! If you get the chance to upgrade then imo it is definitely worth the extra! The only thing charged extra are the drinks available in your cabin so you need to watch out on that one!!

I’ve also noticed that the bar staff seem to adjust that little bit extra to your cocktails when they realise you have a premium package!!!

Figure I'd piggy-back on this thread instead of starting another drink package thread.

Has anyone experienced a better deal purchasing the package once on board vs. buying in advance of sailing?

Currently doing a B2B on Summit. On both cruises the staff have been offering buy one get one free. Or 2 nights free if upgrading from Classic to Premium.

Premium isn't always a good deal. Some staff will try and get away using booze on the classic package despite you having a premium package. And here on Summit unless you ask specifically for Evian or Pellegrino water you'll be given the regular Ice River Springs stuff etc.

Predictably, restaurants were running out of wine on the premium package at the end of the last cruise too. This always seems to happen these days. No problem with wines from the classic selections though.

Apparently, the classic beverage package is limited to a glass of soda which is 3-4 oz of soda in a glassful of ice. To get a CAN of soda you must upgrade to the Premium package. So cans of soda now add USD $23.60 per day for the upgrade.

The poor waitstaff now have to run to the bar every time you drink your tiny glass of soda. To deliver a can of soda they have to bring it to in 3 or 4 tiny glasses and make 3 or 4 trips to the bar. So if you really want to drink 3 cans of soda that means. 9-12 trips to the bar.

And NO, you CAN'T order two glasses at a time.

I presume this is to require a beverage package. 4 glasses of soda would run you $14.00 +$2.50 gratuity, without a package.

It also magnifies the reduction in waitstaff, as they are forced to do more work with less personnel.

I believe it helps to not only read the OP message but also understand it.

OP was asking about coffee not soda.

Interesting they are offering a 2-for-1 deal on the package. I don't think I would chance it to wait to get on board unless I knew they were offering it from day one, otherwise no incentive really.

Same with the 2 nights free. But for those with no plans or intentions of buying the package its a good incentive.

Interesting they are offering a 2-for-1 deal on the package. I don't think I would chance it to wait to get on board unless I knew they were offering it from day one, otherwise no incentive really.

Same with the 2 nights free. But for those with no plans or intentions of buying the package its a good incentive.

I wonder if they're desperately trying to increase sales due to lost hurricane related revenues.

The amount of upselling on these cruises has been bordering on the ridiculous. We expect it on the first day or so, but it's far more obvious than on any previous sailings. When leaving Revelations Lounge to the MDR we were asked if wanted a beverage package five times. There is a very tall and imposing East European guy wondering round the ship more or less constantly selling specialty dining packages. I swear I'll be using a public rest room in the future and hear "Special deal for you sir, all people using that urinal get special deal today, two for one package in Tuscan Grill......".

Figure I'd piggy-back on this thread instead of starting another drink package thread.

Has anyone experienced a better deal purchasing the package once on board vs. buying in advance of sailing?

There is really no advantage, the bonus is that on board you can use your OBC and the waiter gets the tip for signing you up.

You can bring all the soda you want when you come on the ship. Maybe that would be a good solution for those who want to have cans of their favorite soft drinks.

Going onto a cruise ship with a carton of canned soda or water IMO isn't worth saving money. Enjoy your vacation and if cans of soda, speciality water and premium drinks are worth the increase in price go for it. Sometimes price reductions are available- follow the celebrity sites.