HAL's FlightEase Program

dag144

Or just let "ITA Matrix" do that for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I saw you mention this before.

I did try way back and no way could I find flights that matched what I got with flight ease. (Biz class, one way, crossing the pond).

I'm pretty good at searching and checking flights and there was no question that this price was very good.

I normally book my own flights and am a tad nervous - but the price can't be beat ;)

Or just let "ITA Matrix" do that for you.

The same American Airlines flight on Matrix is $5,000 more costly. I would think that cruise lines have relationships with airlines that result in lower fares than those published for the general public.

The same American Airlines flight on Matrix is $5,000 more costly. I would think that cruise lines have relationships with airlines that result in lower fares than those published for the general public.

Of course they have good relationships. But, the bottom line is the fare code. Learn how to understand the codes and ITA Matrix will give you the same fares as XXX cruise line's best deal.

Do the homework and you will be rewarded.

We use itmatrix among others. Our experience with international flights and with cruise air is that there is no rule. We have only had one two cruise air (both one way) flights that were less expensive than arranging umpteen flights on our own-one way and otherwise.

Even if we do not have a cruise booked I always check the cruise air prices for comparison purposes. Several cruise lines allow you to do this even in the absence of a cruise booking. You cannot buy the ticket but you can see the multiple fare options and routes. Chances are if it the flight is on a cruise air site it will be somewhere else at the same price.

You just never know. If really does pay to shop around and also check some of the discount airlines that may not show up on itmatrix.