Konsingsdam $399?

coaster

Just started looking for a cruise back on HAL early next year. Surprised to see an inside for this low in February on a new ship. Not big on the lack of a promenade deck, but a low price can make me overlook things.....

Edited by coaster

You Floridians are sooo lucky that you can book last minute. That is an amazing price, and we have heard great things about Koningsdam (however it is spelt :D) particularly the specialty restaurants. We are looking forward to cruising on her - regardless of price!

There is lots of space at HMC. That is a good price. We're in the same boat as the others in that the cost of the flight for us is not worth taking one of those short one week cruises.. Enjoy.

Allan

We have shared Half Moon Cay with a big ship. It was busy, but loungers for everyone. The BBQ worked well too and bar service was good. We got off the ship early and booked our Clamshell as soon as it was possible.

Sandra

Is the BBQ included or do you have to pay extra?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't know what CHPURSER is warning about, but I would worry that the food and entertainment budget would be slashed, unless they can force you to sit through a time share pitch before you can board. February 18 seems like an odd time to have bargain basement cruise prices.

This price is not out of line. It is what you pay for a mid summer Alaska cruise on Zaandam etc. if you book a week or two prior to sailing. A few years ago it was as low as $299.

Buy it now before it sells out and have a wonderful cruise. Good for you.

It is all about supply and demand.

This price is not out of line. It is what you pay for a mid summer Alaska cruise on Zaandam etc. if you book a week or two prior to sailing. A few years ago it was as low as $299.

Buy it now before it sells out and have a wonderful cruise. Good for you.

It is all about supply and demand.

Actually looking at a higher priced cruise on Rotterdam now. I have been on many older ships in the past. No issues with that. Personally, a real promenade deck on the Rotterdam is worth a premium over a newer ship without restricted outdoor views.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Our choice is always a balcony/verandah. More difficult to get and we typically buy in the 60-45 day window. Though a few times it has been anywhere within 21-3 days of blast off. All depends on supply and demand and which ship/cruise line blinks first and posts our target price.

We have found that anytime between US Thanksgiving and Christmas is a great time to snag a last minute cruise or AI in the Caribbean, Mexico, or Cuba.

Actually looking at a higher priced cruise on Rotterdam now. I have been on many older ships in the past. No issues with that. Personally, a real promenade deck on the Rotterdam is worth a premium over a newer ship without restricted outdoor views.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed.

There's always great deals to be had within the final cancellation window, on any cruise line. It doesn't mean anything ominous.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Very true - great deals to be found all of the time and not just on inside cabins.