LIVE (kinda live, maybe live?) REFLECTION 10-night Ultimate Caribbean

aring75

Hi all! This is a review of the 10-night Ultimate Caribbean Cruise on Celebrity’s Reflection. I don’t know what makes it “ultimate,” but I do know now why they simply call it “Caribbean” Cruise. They don’t like to get too specific when you’re cruising during, after, or anywhere near hurricane season.

When we booked our cruise, our itinerary looked like this:

417ff620f7978263e41f61cf52a2bc9f.jpg

Then it was changed to this:

00fa0f525b9ad93e7bfb30de8d5d6dca.jpg

And then this:

5f4aade1154ba645cb34b88d6c566b7f.jpg

As of December 8, 2017, it is now as follows:

4b1bb20880d26b6d151629a90c3966d9.jpg

No idea if we will actually follow this itinerary or if Celebrity will wait until we all get on board and say, “Just Kidding!!!” But we have our shore excursions booked, our fingers crossed, and our drink packages at the ready! We will take everything as it comes and won’t sweat the details.

We have an internet package, so I will try to update from the ship. I’ve never done this before though, so I make no guarantees!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A little bit about us. Traveling together is my husband, Mark (62) and me, Angela (43).

407863b2630f75e1970742badfd030fe.jpg

We have sailed on 40+ cruises and 6 of those have been with Celebrity. This will be =X= number seven. We have also sailed previously with Princess, Royal Caribbean, Holland, Norwegian, and Disney. Just so you know, we have never had a bad cruise — Not one. There have been things we liked better about one line or one ship or a particular cruise, but every cruise has had redeeming value. Usually we are simply thrilled to be at sea again.

I intend to give as much straightforward information as I can along with any comparisons I might be able to provide. Obviously, however, this is all my opinion and is worth exactly what you paid for it. ;)

As we prepare our house to leave for Fort Lauderdale, somebody decided we should have the Christmas tree up for when we get back. Wait, who decided that was a good idea again? Oh yeah, that was me. We got a tree (has to be real cuz then it smells like Christmas). Apparently there is a Christmas tree shortage. I did not know this. That dam thing was expensive! Like, ten “okay” glasses of wine expensive or five “I’d rather drink this, but Celebrity charges $21 for the glass and I can buy the bottle from Total Wine for $19.99” glasses of wine expensive. Then it took two and a half hours to put the thing up and decorate it. Bah humbug!

But now that it’s finished, it’s so pretty and festive. I am happy that we will come home to a decorated tree.

d19f808a1d26df2b9622f0bfd0c13a92.jpg

Especially since we get home exactly one week before Christmas. Yikes! This seemed like a much better idea eight months ago.

2d0dd94ad5818aae18a84168dace196c.jpg

Okay, suitcases are packed. I wrote a letter with “instructions” for our housesitter/catsitter (Basically saying we don’t care what you do as long as said house and cats are still here ten days from now. And the cats may actually be negotiable.).

5573e7b7b5992f294646c3a0cbb3eb99.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

We will be on Celebrity Eclipse in March 2018, and don't know if we will stop at St Maarten or have an itinerary change like yours. I will enjoy reading the rest of your review, as you find time and wifi to send. Happy cruising, Susan

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just getting off the reflection today...we will likely pass you in the terminal. Excellent ship, friendly crew. Don’t miss the world class bar, The Porch restaurant and if you enjoy Japanese, the sushi retaurant is pretty good. During our cruise they offered 30-40% off at Tuscan, lawn grill and qsine on various days. With those deals, it’s worth trying if you’re interested and you get the same offers.

Enjoy your cruise....we enjoyed ours.

I've never sailed Celebrity and don't know if I will, but like your style and will be reading rest of your review. Make sure to tell cat sitter to water tree while you are gone.

Sent from my SM-J327R4 using Forums mobile app

Check! And thanks. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will be on Celebrity Eclipse in March 2018, and don't know if we will stop at St Maarten or have an itinerary change like yours. I will enjoy reading the rest of your review, as you find time and wifi to send. Happy cruising, Susan

Thank you Susan, glad to have you along!

Just getting off the reflection today...we will likely pass you in the terminal. Excellent ship, friendly crew. Don’t miss the world class bar, The Porch restaurant and if you enjoy Japanese, the sushi retaurant is pretty good. During our cruise they offered 30-40% off at Tuscan, lawn grill and qsine on various days. With those deals, it’s worth trying if you’re interested and you get the same offers.

Enjoy your cruise....we enjoyed ours.

Appreciate the info! I read several of your posts while you were aboard. Very helpful information. Glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise!!

I never sleep well the night before we leave. I tend to lie awake in bed wondering what I forgot to pack, what I forgot to do. Did I remember to put the mail on hold? Do I have all of our travel documents? You know, everything like that. In fact, I am currently typing this at 3:46 AM and I’ve been awake for a half hour. The first night on the cruise I usually crash around 9:30-ish because I just can’t go anymore. But then I’m good for the rest of vacation!

Mark gets up around 6:30 AM and we get everything ready to leave. We are driving to the port and sailing out today, so we like to allow plenty of time in case we need to alter our route (due to traffic, etc.) and also to stop and have breakfast along the way. It takes about 3 1/2 hours to drive from our house to Port Everglades Cruise Terminals. Adding an hour to stop for breakfast, we want to be on the road no later than 7:30 AM.

Now Mark really enjoys stopping at this one particular restaurant along I-75. We only ever eat here when we are headed south for a cruise so he says he knows he’s on vacation when we stop for breakfast at Cracker Barrel. It’s not my favorite, but he’s always so happy when he says, “NOW vacation has started!” Who am I to burst his bubble? Plus, the french toast is pretty good and as long as I get my coffee…we’re good!

f91764b203bbc1e84bd91a406aa20b8b.jpg

Almost decided I needed this sign...

c18421a55be72d483dff3e86b03b417d.jpg

And now we’re back on the road and on our way!

We are taking our first -X- cruise 12/18 and I look forward to reading this as we get ready! I guess we may pass you as we board. We also drive about 3.5 hours to FLL and have a tradition of stopping at CB to get started! Even if we drive over the day before as we will for this one. Each time I seem to find a little something in the Country Store that’s perfect ...an anchor scarf, a lovely lacy blouse, a t-shirt.

Your tree is just beautiful!

Like, ten “okay” glasses of wine expensive or five “I’d rather drink this, but Celebrity charges $21 for the glass and I can buy the bottle from Total Wine for $19.99” glasses of wine expensive.

Love your description of expensive :D If you get the chance, I'd appreciate if you could take some pics of wine lists (specifically what is available by the glass so we can make best use of our premium beverage packages!). Many thanks, and have a great trip.

Love your description of expensive :D If you get the chance, I'd appreciate if you could take some pics of wine lists (specifically what is available by the glass so we can make best use of our premium beverage packages!). Many thanks, and have a great trip.

Absolutely! I will certainly see what I can find. [emoji1303]

Yay! On the ship. Finally. The lines were terrible. Not sure why, but everyone said they waited longer than they were used to. Of course, we arrived at 12:30 PM. A busy time in general.

We are in AquaClass (A1) this trip so cabin pictures are below. Muster drill starting in 15 minutes, so be back later.

ab5a209ceaa8f576ec44cedf2fc4a4d4.jpg

100e32ccf9e7e38d0b246e3c6f850cd3.jpg

b61bc93df26c400a06a2da46dc028d92.jpg

1050be1f9913d3bcda76d99b815e4f53.jpg

If you figure out what to stick that grey "room card" holder to, please post it here. I would have stuck it to my cellphone, but then it would have spent the entire cruise in the safe :) Warning: irrespective of whether you use that holder or not, if your room card gets close to any magnet (ipad cover, kindle cover,....) you will be visiting guest services for a new card.

Another hint: ask your room steward to remove everything from your refrigerator (really your cooler) and then, after you finish the two bottles of water on that tray, get bottles of water at the bar (using your drink package??) and store them in the refrigerator where they will stay refreshingly cool. As a by-product, you won't accidentally be charged for using something in the refrigerator since you asked for everything to be removed.

If you figure out what to stick that grey "room card" holder to, please post it here. I would have stuck it to my cellphone, but then it would have spent the entire cruise in the safe :) Warning: irrespective of whether you use that holder or not, if your room card gets close to any magnet (ipad cover, kindle cover,....) you will be visiting guest services for a new card.

Another hint: ask your room steward to remove everything from your refrigerator (really your cooler) and then, after you finish the two bottles of water on that tray, get bottles of water at the bar (using your drink package??) and store them in the refrigerator where they will stay refreshingly cool. As a by-product, you won't accidentally be charged for using something in the refrigerator since you asked for everything to be removed.

Hmmm...I have no idea what to do with the little gray card holder thingy. But I will now make it my mission to figure something out! [emoji3]

And thanks for the fridge tip. Cyril, our room steward just stopped by. I took your advice and he said he’d take care of it by tonight. Good deal!!

Thanks for following along everyone. Drinks at the Sunset Bar...

03a93f174eb275f99dc4f59cdec76712.jpg

And next up, dinner at Blu.

7476c4354c24cddc66933d387661ed56.jpg

Haven’t forgotten about the wine list. Just haven’t found one yet!