Round Trip Hawaii, LA to LA

CHEZMARYLOU

There is also supposed to be two one way cruises earlier in 2019.

One is 10 nights, the other 12 nights.

They showed up on Future Cruise Sales computer on Eclipse but were told they are not open for booking yet (earlier today).

Did you ask about the Eclipse doing the Panama Canal (shown on the 2019-2020 Deployment Schedule)?

Future Cruise Sales claims they know nothing about EC doing PC.

It's not showing on the web site but we just booked the Eclipse round trip to Hawaii from Los Angeles on October 27, 2019 through our CVP. It's the only RT to Hawaii being offered.

I checked a few TA websites. One is selling it, but the others didn't have it up on their websites yet. That may change as the day progresses.....

It's not showing on the web site but we just booked the Eclipse round trip to Hawaii from Los Angeles on October 27, 2019 through our CVP. It's the only RT to Hawaii being offered.

I am so interested in this sailing. I was almost resigned to doing the LA to LA night Pacific Coastal but the Hawaii one sounds so nice. I was looking into the 9 night Pacific Coastal but it butts up too close to Thanksgiving. I think the Hawaii one would be just perfect! So excited to have a newer ship over on this end of the world. Oh ... and thanks for the head's up.

There is also supposed to be two one way cruises earlier in 2019.

One is 10 nights, the other 12 nights.

They showed up on Future Cruise Sales computer on Eclipse but were told they are not open for booking yet (earlier today).

Did you ask about the Eclipse doing the Panama Canal (shown on the 2019-2020 Deployment Schedule)?

Future Cruise Sales claims they know nothing about EC doing PC.

re: April 2019 I'm seeing the following Hawaii sailings on the same TA website selling the Oct 27, 2019 cruise:

April 17, 2019 -- Eclipse. 12 nights Vancouver to Honolulu (overnight stops in both Hilo and Lahaina)

April 29, 2019 - Eclipse, 10 nights Honolulu to Vancouver.

April 30, 2019 - Solstice 10 nights Honolulu to Vancouver.

We did not ask about the Panama Canal. We missed my retirement cruise, RT to Hawaii on Century, so this has been on our bucket list. We booked a RS so we got all 4 perks and an additional $450 OBC for booking a cruise on board that we moved to this one.

I have been told by three different officers that the S class ships are too big for either Canal, both the new and the old. I posted this here on Cruise Critic and was roundly shot down by others who said that was poppycock and the ships are not too big for the new canal. Apparently, at least so far, the news from the officers was correct, as we do not see any sign of an S class ship actually scheduled for a canal transit.

I have been told by three different officers that the S class ships are too big for either Canal, both the new and the old. I posted this here on Cruise Critic and was roundly shot down by others who said that was poppycock and the ships are not too big for the new canal. Apparently, at least so far, the news from the officers was correct, as we do not see any sign of an S class ship actually scheduled for a canal transit.

The problem is the ship is too tall to get under the Bridge of the Americas on the west side of the canal.

There is a simple modification that has already been done on the Solstice that allows the offending antenna to fold down.

Will happen eventually.

I called and the S1 corner aft price was $5,800 pp with the four perks; nothing else! Oct. 27 can be rainy, as can November. El Niño and La Niña can make a difference too. I paid less for my 15 nite TA on the Edge for spring of 2019. Same S1 corner aft. The rep from Captain’s Club said that it would come down...he noted that it was high!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

i checked the cost with celebrity for a sv cabin 7k dollars dont know if this is a lot for this cruise or not having never done one to Hawaii

Yes, this is a lot. I just checked the price. We did this round trip itinerary on Princess and it was a better price. Plus price drops around final payment were fantastic.

Get this while you can!

Put a hold on my cabin at 1:45 est.

Got an email announcement at 4:11pm.

Looked again, and at least 50% of the ship is "Unavailable", either booked or on hold, probably by TAs.

So if you are thinking about going, think fast would be my advice.

George