What number do I share with family for emergency purposes?

LDWtk

It's been 25+ years since my last cruise. We are not paying for internet when we cruise on Celebrity Equinox over Christmas. We hope to find a cafe with wi-fi while in San Juan on Christmas day so we can wish our adult children a Merry Christmas. But what number should we give them to contact us for emergencies while we're on the ship? Celebrity's customer service number on their website?. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's been 25+ years since my last cruise. We are not paying for internet when we cruise on Celebrity Equinox over Christmas. We hope to find a cafe with wi-fi while in San Juan on Christmas day so we can wish our adult children a Merry Christmas. But what number should we give them to contact us for emergencies while we're on the ship? Celebrity's customer service number on their website?. Thank you.

You might also want to ask this on the dedicated Celebrity forum here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28

Did you try typing "celebrity equinox emergency contact number" into Google. Took me less than 1 minute to get the answer. Try it.

DON

Ask Guest Services for contact no. once you get onboard, and relay at once to your family member before sailing, or at cafe in port where you plan to use the wifi.

The ship-direct number you are looking for will have a pretty hefty usage charge and likely require use of a credit card by the caller. If I recall, it will be in the neighborhood of $8 to $12 per minute. Nonetheless, we always provide that number to our family for use in case of emergencies only. For other things we encourage them to use text or email.

You do realize that the "free" wifi in a port café may be the most "expensive" wifi you'll ever encounter. Google the NBC news report on wifi hacking in cruise ports.

From a search I did:

Friends or family can reach you 24 hours a day via Celebrity's Satellite Service. Your friends and family can contact the ship by calling (877) 266-1020. From outside the U.S., they can call (732) 335-3296.

Keith

From a search I did:

Friends or family can reach you 24 hours a day via Celebrity's Satellite Service. Your friends and family can contact the ship by calling (877) 266-1020. From outside the U.S., they can call (732) 335-3296.

Keith

Here is some additional information on the use of the satellite numbers Keith provided:

The cost is $7.95 USD a minute and can be charged to American Express®, MasterCard®, Visa®, Discover® or Diners Club®. From outside the U.S. additional long distance charges will also apply. Calls are limited to 10 minutes.

Callers must have the ship name and the person they wish to contact. When connected, enter the number for the ship you wish to reach, followed by the pound sign:

Celebrity Equinox: 4#