Speciality Dining Package question

emerald6273

If a 3 night speciality dining package is purchased are you allowed to eat at same restaurant each time?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Yes, you are. It didn't used to be that way but it is now. Be sure to get to a dining reservation desk as soon as you board if you want to book one of the more popular restaurants at a popular time (for example, Murano at 7 PM).

Yes, you are. It didn't used to be that way but it is now. Be sure to get to a dining reservation desk as soon as you board if you want to book one of the more popular restaurants at a popular time (for example, Murano at 7 PM).
Just clarifying I could book Murano online for first night? Website confusing as you can select dining time for day 1 but doesn't make it clear which restaurant?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

All the packages whether 3 night or a 14 night package can be booked all at the same restaurant of your choice, obviously your choices will be dependant on availability. Booking online pre-cruise will only allow you to select the first night / time and you must visit any of the speciality restaurants to arrange the other reservations once onboard.

If you wish to give a gratuity, adding it to the receipt will mean that the gratuity is shared across the whole ship whilst a cash tip is shared by the team in the restaurant you dined.

I had a 4 meal package last April whilst doing the transpacific cruise: Sydney to Honolulu.

The first meal needed to be booked either on the first or the second night of the cruise. I did this online.. Celebrity was meant to allocate the venue...

The remaining 3 other meals I could choose which days and times I wished.

In reality: the first meal was not pre allocated by Celebrity. When I asked on boarding where I would be dinning on night two, I was told in a very causal manner, oh we haven’t arranged anything, so you can choose what ever venue and any date I liked...

So it was a win win for me I think. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Buying a package allows you to buy multiple meals at a reduced price.

The more meals the cheaper each meal becomes...

For example: a one alone single purchase of a speciality meal may cost $50.

However if you average out the cost of a single meal from a multi package... the cost per meal may be $10-$15 cheaper.

The only rule from memory is that celebrity ask you at time of purchase, to book a dinner time for the first meal on night one or two of the Cruise. Plus Celebrity will allocate the venue.

All remaining package meals can be booked once you board... you’ll be able to choose the date, time and restaurant venue.

You can choose the same eating venue over and over again if you wish.

We bought a 6 dinner package for our Eclipse TA (15 nts) online and were given the Tuscan Grill at 8.30 for the first night. Once onboard we were able to choose dates and times for the others. While it is definitely true that you can do very well with discounts on nights when they are not fully booked we did not see any discount on Murano. We were also able to take advantage of a 20% discount offered before we sailed and each dinner cost us around $24 each. Even with a bogof it was still a better deal to take the package. $100 for 2 in Murano is way too much for us to spend.

• 2 weeks later...
What are the prices if booking package onboard? I want to pay with OBCs.

You may be able to use your OBC ahead of time depending on where it came from - I'm unable to use the credit that came from my travel agent, but anything from Celebrity I can use now. It's worth logging into your cruise planner to check.

To your actual question - Murano is $50 per person, Tuscan is $45.00 and Silk Harvest is $35.00. These are the three I have on upcoming sailing, I'd rather someone else give the rest of the pricing. A three night package is $109.00, so you can see immediate savings if you wanted to dine in each one once. Or, as others have noted, you may be able to negotiate discounts once onboard.

The specialty dining packages are the same price whether you book in advance on-line or wait until you board. Check out this link for all the package prices - https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/news.cfm?ID=7423

On board however you often get offers that are as good or often better. If you want a specific day or time it's better ahead of time.