Shore excursions refunds

Jetstreamer

Hi there,

Does anyone have any experience of how long it takes Princess to refund cancelled shore excursions?

Their t&cs say refunds are processed 24 hours after cancellation but 3 weeks on I'm still waiting for the money back on my card.

I did call Princess 2 weeks ago and they said they would process it straight away and the amount did disappear from my shore excursions balance at that time but still no money back.

Is this typical and I should be patient, or are they usually much quicker? In any case they should be done for their misleading t&cs!

This was discussed a few weeks ago and the answer seems to vary by country.

Not really sure why there is a difference given the terms and conditions are clear and say 24hours, but I rather suspect that it might be more a function of the different banking systems.

For example, in the U.K. where we live, last month I paid a significant bill to my plumber on line and not only did the money instantly disappear from my account, but it also arrived in my plumbers account (he uses a different bank) in a matter of minutes.

This is typical for us, but perhaps not in the US as I see that Princess refer to the fact that it might be several working days before a credit appears in one's account.

In my case refunds to my bank account from Princess ALWAYS arrive within 24 hours, as do cancellation refunds to my Amex card from organisations like hotels.com

So, as a UK based person, when I read of folks saying that Princess are slow in making refunds, I find myself suspecting that not all of the delay is perhaps down to Princess.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums