Elite Booking Perk

paul929207

No, I would have, but I would rather be able to see the prices before booking. It's annoying that they won't put the prices on the website today. I'm not going to call without knowing the prices first. So I assume you called in and asked the price for your cruise?

No, I would have, but I would rather be able to see the prices before booking. It's annoying that they won't put the prices on the website today. I'm not going to call without knowing the prices first. So I assume you called in and asked the price for your cruise?

You could get the "lead-in fares" from this thread https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2570983

but if you want the fare for cabins in higher categories you were out of luck.

We were able to get fares from our TA this morning and we're able to book the cabin category we wanted. Don't know for sure, but if you're elite Princess should be able to provide pricing to you over the phone today.

Thank you all, I was just hoping to see pricing before calling. I would be booking for five people and need to know the third person per cabin fare and the fare difference between OV and interior cabins. Especially since the deposit is usually ten percent of the total.

It would take me way too long on the phone with a Princess rep to price everything.

You could get the "lead-in fares" from this thread https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2570983

but if you want the fare for cabins in higher categories you were out of luck.

We booked this morning over the phone knowing our fare from the thread referenced by nukesubsailor.

Karen has a different captains circle number than mine. My surprise was that even I’m elite, the person taking our order confirmed that Karen was too before she would proceed claiming that all adult passengers in the cabin had to be elite to take advantage of the early booking benefit. She claimed that the elite verification requirement was why I couldn’t book it online and had to call in. I didn’t understand why the booking system couldn’t perform the verification, but didn’t push the question as we got the specific cabin on the cruise we wanted.

We are Elite... did I miss an email or mailing ... get so many I often just briefly scan... maybe we missed out😩

Cruises for the summer and fall of 2019 opened for bookings today at 11 an EST for Elite members of the Captain's Circle. They will open for all tomorrow at 11 am EST

Our experience wasn't extremely positive. We booked the Nov. 3, 2019 28-day Rome - Ft. Lauderdale cruise on the Sky Princess (the newly announced ship). Problems were as follows:

1) When we called the general Princess booking number, the Princess travel consultant hadn't heard of the Sky Princess, nor did she know of the 24-hour Elite Booking bonus.

2) We decided to call the dedicated number offered in the Elite Booking Bonus "flier." The consultant we reached was outstanding BUT she didn't have access to deck plans (nor did we).

3) Although we were booking less than 10 minutes after the booking window opened (8 am PST) there were very limited cabins available. (Less than 5 balcony cabins and none on our preferred deck.) We had two choices: 1) select a cabin we didn't really want (which we did) or 2) take a guarantee.

This was such a frustrating experience for us that we've written an email to Jan Swartz. I don't know if she will get it but it should draw the attention of the customer service department. It should be noted that everyone we spoke with at Princess today has been highly professional. They just weren't able to meet customer expectations because they didn't have access to cabins (for a cruise nearly 2 years from now) or deck plans.

In sum, this is a great benefit for those who want to get early access to booking their preferred cabins, but it won't work if Princess holds back more than 95% of their cabins for the general public.

I agree. First I thought the prices would be available when logging in to my Captains circle. I like to compare prices for the cabins etc and locations. Quite a few cabins were not available where I wanted to book. Very disappointing. However I did book as its the only cruise doing what we wanted in that area.

Would have preferred to have it released online with the deck plans just so you have aren't booking blind. This thing about blocking certain cabins so they can only be booked for longer cruises caught us out and was annoying as we had to change decks as a result. Plus we used FCD so no great benefit in getting in early.

Never bothered. Prices exorbitant for Southsmpton - Southampton 2019 cruises in uk. One third more for identical cruise we are taking in 2018. No incentives being offered, save 5% deposit. As we always have fcc available no benefit at all. Also notices not one mini suite in our category has been sold yet!

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Forums mobile app

Ditto on the T/A who did all the work....:):):)

Bob

I think I might have the same T/A. She is amazing. I wanted a midship deluxe balcony on the Regal for a September 2019 TA. When I looked at my personalizer yesterday morning at 8:00 AM PST, there it was. On the Princess website, they never showed prices until this morning and I still wouldn't be able to book the specific balcony. Princess would only let me reserve a deluxe balcony. They are showing deluxe balconies as sold out. Also, Princess wants a 10% deposit. My T/A does it for $100/per person.

I think I might have the same T/A. She is amazing. I wanted a midship deluxe balcony on the Regal for a September 2019 TA. When I looked at my personalizer yesterday morning at 8:00 AM PST, there it was. On the Princess website, they never showed prices until this morning and I still wouldn't be able to book the specific balcony. Princess would only let me reserve a deluxe balcony. They are showing deluxe balconies as sold out. Also, Princess wants a 10% deposit. My T/A does it for $100/per person.

I think you may be correct.....:):):)

Bob

For those of us that wanted to book Sky Princess 28 day, the biggest problem. Very few cabins were released to sell that way.

Princess has 7 day, 14, 21 and 28 days all broken up differently. So the cabins showing as sold may be in the different segments instead. We were very lucky to wind up with our first choice.I think the 21 day had the same lack of choices.

The Sky also has some outside cabins (unlike it's sister ships). If someone wants a obstructed (hardly an obstruction) balcony, the pricing is now shown under inside cabins.

For those of us that wanted to book Sky Princess 28 day, the biggest problem. Very few cabins were released to sell that way.

Princess has 7 day, 14, 21 and 28 days all broken up differently. So the cabins showing as sold may be in the different segments instead. We were very lucky to wind up with our first choice.I think the 21 day had the same lack of choices.

The Sky also has some outside cabins (unlike it's sister ships). If someone wants a obstructed (hardly an obstruction) balcony, the pricing is now shown under inside cabins.

Exactly. My T/A sent me quotes for the 21 day itinerary and a combined 14/7 day itinerary. On another mater, the cabin I have booked is classified as an S2 OS. The aft suites on Dolphin and above are classified as S3's. PH's. I thought all of the AFT suites on Royal class ships that were initially S2 OS's were being recatogorized as S3 PH's.....:confused::confused::confused:

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G