Experienced Cruiser, New To Quantum Class, Dining Question

Hello Kind Tribe,

We have sailed RCI since the '90s, and just booked at trip this winter on Anthem. I am trying to understand the dining set up there. The 'newest' class we've sailed until now is the Freedom Class, for reference. When I booked, they mentioned we would move from restaurant to restaurant, and our waiter would follow. How does this work and which restaurants does this include? I am sure you've been asked this a thousand times, so please have mercy on me.

Hello Kind Tribe,

We have sailed RCI since the '90s, and just booked at trip this winter on Anthem. I am trying to understand the dining set up there. The 'newest' class we've sailed until now is the Freedom Class, for reference. When I booked, they mentioned we would move from restaurant to restaurant, and our waiter would follow. How does this work and which restaurants does this include? I am sure you've been asked this a thousand times, so please have mercy on me.

The "moving from restaurant to restaurant" was called Dynamic Dining, and that concept was abandoned.

Now they have traditional dining (two fixed times and fixed tables) and My Time, where you are free to dine whenever you wish.

Perhaps I should clarify, we have a set time (8:15), however when they explained it to me today, they said we changed resultants in a pattern. It is possible I misunderstood, of course.

Perhaps I should clarify, we have a set time (8:15), however when they explained it to me today, they said we changed resultants in a pattern. It is possible I misunderstood, of course.

What you describe is a variant of Dynamic Dining called Dynamic Classic. Also abandoned. You will likely be late traditional.

What they told me was there was no MDR, so I guess where do we go to eat?

There are four restaurants that act as the MDR. Two are for traditional and two are for My Time. They all serve the same exact food from the same exact menus that change nightly. Your restaurant assignment will be on your SeaPass card.

We are assigned a traditional early dining time. Is there anyone to contact to request dining table size? We don't mind sharing, but those large tables of 8-10 are too big for us.

When we booked they asked if we wanted a table for two or the traditional type.

Thanks for the info. We were on a wait list originally but were assigned early dining within a week of booking. I was never notified but all my ATD reservations were cancelled. I then noticed the change on the cruise planner.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So let's see, 8 months after it has been cancelled, RCI reps are still giving out DD info and yet people expect RCI to have up to date info?

Guess some of the reps haven't replaced their manuals with the updated information!! Or they have and haven't read them. l:rolleyes::(