Quantum of the Seas Fitness Center

I'm leaving soon for a cruise on the Quantum of the Seas leaving from Shanghai. I'm interested in knowing what equipment is available in the fitness center, specifically with regard to the following:

Barbells

Squat rack

Kettlebells

Heavy bag for boxing

I've scoured past posts, the RCCL website, and have even called the cruise line, but haven't been able to find any specific answers. Just trying to plan my workouts in advance.

Many thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm leaving soon for a cruise on the Quantum of the Seas leaving from Shanghai. I'm interested in knowing what equipment is available in the fitness center, specifically with regard to the following:

Barbells

Squat rack

Kettlebells

Heavy bag for boxing

I've scoured past posts, the RCCL website, and have even called the cruise line, but haven't been able to find any specific answers. Just trying to plan my workouts in advance.

Many thanks!

Haven't been on quantum but assuming that the gym setup is similar to anthem ( it might not be- i've been on allure, oasis, harmony. allure has kettlebells and they took out the pilates stuff to add trx. oasis has neither kettlebells nor trx. harmony had a trx built into the gym but no kettlebells), then you have no barbells, squat rack, kettlebells or heavy bag.

There's a smith machine, dumbbells, benches and assorted machines. if you have your own trx, you can attach to their anchors when they're not using em.

Haven't been on quantum but assuming that the gym setup is similar to anthem ( it might not be- i've been on allure, oasis, harmony. allure has kettlebells and they took out the pilates stuff to add trx. oasis has neither kettlebells nor trx. harmony had a trx built into the gym but no kettlebells), then you have no barbells, squat rack, kettlebells or heavy bag.

There's a smith machine, dumbbells, benches and assorted machines. if you have your own trx, you can attach to their anchors when they're not using em.

Thank you so much; this is very helpful! It sounds like a great opportunity to add some variety by just going with the flow. But at least now I can think ahead and go in with a plan, whether that includes TRX, bodyweight exercises, or dumbells.

Much appreciated!

Thank you so much; this is very helpful! It sounds like a great opportunity to add some variety by just going with the flow. But at least now I can think ahead and go in with a plan, whether that includes TRX, bodyweight exercises, or dumbells.

Much appreciated!

there's also a ton of machines. just think of it like giant hotel gym. there's probably 20+ machines (not counting all the treadmills/bikes and the rower).