Must haves/wants - for the new Princess ship you design !

voljeep

Based on the threads on the new design(s) and seeing the pics from the renovated Caribbean Princess...

What are the definite keeps, and what can go?

Ours

Crooners has to stay - but it has to remain a martini and piano bar, not a glorified karaoke bar - aka Kory

Vines - of course has to stay, along with International Café

Adult Retreat Pool and Outriggers Bar

MarketPlace? or whatever the revised Horizon Court and Bistro looks amazing

Alfredo's a must/want also

I know a lot more Pay Per venues are coming, but with the above and at least a decent menu/service in the mdr with the relaxed dress code in the anytime dining room is nice.

Add yours, as this is only intended as a start to keep what is already there:)

Wish list:

Larger showers with a removable shower head and footstep standard on all Princess ships

Complimentary room service for all premium beverage package items

Improved room service breakfast quality and items for non-suite passengers

Comfy chairs (non chaise lounge type) on upper decks for those who just want to enjoy sunshine without laying in it

Things I love and think must be kept:

Explorers lounge

Aft adult pool area

Piazza/IC/coffee bar

Skywalkers or similar for daytime use for those of us who like to escape crowds and noise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There was a teenager on this board several years ago who took this very seriously! He wanted to do this as a profession and did many drawings based on people's feedback (mostly exterior drawings). He was actually quite good. I hope he followed his dream.

Does anyone else remember him?

Comfy chairs (non chaise lounge type) on upper decks for those who just want to enjoy sunshine without laying in it

Completely agree with this posted above. As Princess sometimes caters to an older demographic, it would be much easier to get in and out of a little higher chair with handles and a cushion, and still be able to enjoy some sun

1. Window Suites equipped for Handicapped Access, and Oceanview Staterooms. I find travelling solo, I have to REALLY budget carefully to afford to cruise. With an aging population who may have to deal with various Handicaps, being able to still enjoy cruising would be nice.
  2. Ramps between decks would be very nice, but there are rules governing the gradient permitted, so the ramp length may be impossible to fit do safely.
  3. Also replacement ships of the size of the Golden/Grand Princess or a little smaller. I have not yet cruised on the Sea or Sun Princesses so cannot comment on their facilities.

I found other passengers very willing to help if I looked lost, and I also helped in the lift if I was near the controls I'd happily push the button/s for other persons decks.

How about a couple of wall hooks by the entry door to hang umbrellas, hat, jacket? Add to this a slot for the room key/card by the light switch - note, I didn't mention *****.

Better lighting at the vanity, maybe a small magnifying mirror for those of us applying make-up, etc.

Eliminate the Art auctions!

Build a real martin bar akin to what Celebrity offers.

Full promenade deck for walking.

Save a forest or two - reduce the "sale" flyers that are forever filling the waste basket.

Improve the quality of coffee!!!!

Darcy

Many good things mentioned here!

Decent beds, in ALL cabins on ALL ships.

Actually HEATED hot-tubs, pools, spa features etc.

QUIT the nit-picking and pic-pocketing. If you sell packages and programs, make them all inclusive, no questions asked, the way they SHOULD be.

How about balconies that a normal sized human being can actually sit and relax on..... I'll throw that in as well.

How about a venue with a stage and a dance floor, and NOT dancing on hard tile floors in the loud busy 'Mall' that the Piazza can be.

All of these things I find to be just common sense, and the lack of to really say a lot.

And, so many more!!!

Escalators. They would eliminate long waits for over-crowded elevators. They would still function as stairs in the event of a power outage.

Restrict photo department to an out-of-the-way location where they do not interfere with the flow of traffic on gangways, elevator lobbies, deck 7 forward & aft passageway. If passengers want a photo, they can go to the photo dept. location.

Have a Planks restaurant on every ship.

Move or do away with the Gastro Pub in the Wheelhouse lounge so all those empty seats can be used by passengers wanting to enjoy drinks and the live entertainment.

A full promenade deck.

Decent sized balconies

Keep the International Cafe

Bigger showers!

Hair dryers that run without having to keep your fingers on the button.

Longer, better shows in he main theater.

On demand free movies in all ships

Full promenade

Larger bathroom with removable shower head

Piano bar/Crooners for a more intimate venue with ample seating and GOOD entertainer

Enough shaded loungers at the main pool

Outside seating at buffet like on Pacific Princess

Specialty restaurants away from noisy lounges