Please be nice to me....

titansluvr

In all the information that has been given (even if everything was working great) stated that you can opt out of ***** and not use the technology. So just make sure to let your desires be known. Personally I wouldn't wait until sailing. Just give Princess a call and ask them what is the procedure to opt out of *****.

Pooh

Unless your cruise fare is $0.00 I don't see how Princess could force you to participate. I would guess you could accept the ***** and, once onboard, simply leave it in your cabin. If you notify them that you don't want the ***** you likely risk losing your cabin to someone who is waitlisted for guinea pig status.

just got back from Disney World...they use the same basic concept...watch device that is your room key and links to your park pass, meal plan and credit card. not much different from carrrying a room card but better in my opinion.

give it a try you may actually like it

or will have ammo to complain about it for years

but its your vacation so what you want is what counts

My cabin was chosen for ***** on my Regal cruise in January. I HATE anything to do with technology..I take vacations to get away from it. I like the cabin I have chosen...do I have to do the whole ***** thing? Thanks!

Tell them not for me.

My cabin was chosen for ***** on my Regal cruise in January. I HATE anything to do with technology..I take vacations to get away from it. I like the cabin I have chosen...do I have to do the whole ***** thing? Thanks!

Hear you! The last thing we want to learn on a relaxing cruise is "New Technology" :eek:

You have the option of using a cruise card instead. Chances are that when it's fully implemented and the bugs worked out, you'll want to use it. You don't need to understand or use technology to use it. Kind of like a car's keyless entry key fob: unlocks your car door as you approach and relocks after you leave the car without touching it -- you just need to have it on you. Some car key fobs are used by car service departments to know how many miles you've driven, how much oil you have, tire pressure, etc. The service technician doesn't have to go to the car to turn on the engine to get this info: it's stored on the key fob. I suspect that the ***** will be similar. It'll "just work."

Oh my sweet summer child, you don't think they are already watching you? ;p

Lol, there are cameras all over the ship, watching the passengers.

I attended a presentation on the *****. Even though it can do lots of things, you don't have to use all the features. It can be used to just open your cabin door and charge purchases, like the current shipboard card.

From what I have been learning the past few days, you must be one of the very few "chosen" to test the *****

I must admit, having used the Disney wrist band, sure beats trying to find a place to carry my ships card, especially if I want to take a snack back to my cabin. Just a flick of the wrist and the door is opened, not trying to juggle a plate, maybe a drink and fumble to find the key card and get it into the lock.

As for being "followed", welcome to the 21st century....most everything you do, you are being "followed". Banking, shopping--in stores--how do you think they send you offers--its based on your shopping preferences. Have you "Googled" yourself....you will be shocked on how much of your personal information is on the internet....probably most you have forgotten. IF someone wants to sit in a little dark room, full of computer screens monitoring my bathroom habits, that's fine with me, as long as they monitor the level of the TP and replace it as needed.

Although cruise cards can be swiped like a credit card, most drink runners and bars make a paper printout of the card itself. Papers are then entered by hand overnight, explaining the multiple wrong charges people discover on their folios. Not saying this will solve all problems, but removes the human error

I must admit, having used the Disney wrist band, sure beats trying to find a place to carry my ships card, especially if I want to take a snack back to my cabin. Just a flick of the wrist and the door is opened, not trying to juggle a plate, maybe a drink and fumble to find the key card and get it into the lock.

If that were the only advantage of the ***** I would be more than satisfied. :D

All the rest of the features are a bonus & if I take advantage of them, fine.

I don't really care how they track people since they already know just about everything as it is. The ***** will just make it easier & more quicker for them to view the statistics.

So far, all the people who are against the ***** really haven't stated one thing that the ***** will do that the old card system hasn't been doing for years.

I am also on the Regal in January and received an email that ***** is not available to us. When I called Princess I was told that only forward cabins have it at this point; we are mid-ship.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

It's like trying to change a tire while you're driving down the road. Will cruisers be paid for "testing" the *****? ( Like wearing a Nike, or Old Navy T-shirt). Best case scenario would be to roll out the new technology when it's at least 90 -95 percent complete.