San Pedro To LAX

Empehi

After a Princess Cruise in San Pedro ... will there be cabs and Uber at the port to take early walk-offs to LAX to catch an early flight. Say an 11:30am flight ....
Yes, there'll be cabs. Don't know about Uber. An 11:30am flight is pushing it. The first/early walk off times are at about 8am. It'll take about 30-45 minutes (or longer) to get to LAX. Check-in and through Security which can take a while. LAX recommends arriving for your flight two hours before your flight time. Those of us who live in the LA area know that LA traffic can be horrible. I've often had it take me 45 minutes to go just five miles. If there are no delays of any kind, you'll make your flight but I sure wouldn't book anything that early out of LAX.

After a Princess Cruise in San Pedro ... will there be cabs and Uber at the port to take early walk-offs to LAX to catch an early flight. Say an 11:30am flight ....

Thanks for any feedback.

When dealing with an early flight like that, I'd say take a cab. You will have to wait for Uber and the taxis are all there. They are metered. I think it's $60 or $65 plus tip to LAX.

We have done a 10:50am Sunday flight a number of times at LAX. Off by 8:15, wait 30 minutes for a shared shuttle, at the gate in 45 minutes or less even with a stoppage for traffic accidents. We learned a long time ago to have an alternative plan, if we miss our flight.

A lot will depend on the day of the week you will be deboarding, the number of ships in port that day, the number of immigration officers present, traffic tieups on the freeway, the congestion at LAX and your ability to take your own luggage off the ship. Other than those considerations you just might make an 11:30 AM flight. Always have a contingency plan ready to implement.

Good advice from previous posters. Although I am from Ohio, I have disembarked San Pedro for LAX three times since July. I add the following -

- I gave up on Uber getting to the Pier. Too unreliable at this location, especially if you have lots of luggage and >2 people.

- Cabs are plenty, and I have been lucky to have great, professional drivers. $60-65 and 45 min w/o accidents to LAX.

- Talk with passenger services to get an early walk off if possible.

*** This is important, and I know everyone know this ... but still - Stuff happens that Princess can not control. *** Early disembarkation for a Mexico arrival in November was delayed until around 8:15 because the passenger manifest was off by one person. U.S. Immigration would not clear the ship until resolved. (Listening to radio traffic, I learned the person was not "dinged" back onto the ship in Mexico somehow, and crew could not find him on the ship until after 8am.) Most of us were an hour late getting off the ship.

As someone previously suggested, alternative planning is wise.

We found UBER to be very quick to arrive when we disembarked on November 5. We collected our luggage and then used the UBER app to get a ride. We waited about 5 minutes for a driver. I know many say you can easily make the flight but I'd try for a later flight if at all possible.