What fun freebies are still availibe on Carnival ie: free drinks, free treats & perk

silygirl77

What fun freebies are still available on Carnival ie: free drinks, free treats & perk?

Here are the ones I know about:

-Free drinks at the end of the cruise at bon voyage party

-Free drinks at past guest party

-Reduced price drinks at Captians party

-Soft Serve Ice Cream 24/7

-Free Sandwiches and breakfasts from room service

-Free Robes to use on vacation if you request them from steward

-Discount om drink of the day

Freebies in which I'm not sure if they exist anymore:

-Sundae Bar (daily)

-Milk and cookies on Lido at 4:00 PM

-Free Champagne at art auctions

-Rafael to win free cruise

Please add more freebies that you know about and feel free to clarify if the last 4 freebies are still offered.

Thanks

-

What fun freebies are still available on Carnival ie: free drinks, free treats & perk?

Here are the ones I know about:

-Free drinks at past guest party

-Reduced price drinks at Captians party

-Soft Serve Ice Cream 24/7

-Free Sandwiches and breakfasts from room service

-Free Robes to use on vacation if you request them from steward

-Discount om drink of the day

Freebies in which I'm not sure if they exist anymore:

-Sundae Bar (daily)

-Milk and cookies on Lido at 4:00 PM

-Free Champagne at art auctions

-Rafael to win free cruise

Please add more freebies that you know about and feel free to clarify if the last 4 freebies are still offered.

Thanks

-

lots more now. just post your sailing and cabin on john healds blog or facebook page and he will send free stuff right to your cabin.

Didn't we establish there's no milk & cookies passed around on Carnival? :confused:

Don't forget free drinks at the farewell party. Aaah yes I see you mentioned that.

We had milk and cookies, they just didn't bring them around to you. My youngest DD and I enjoyed milk and cookies in the afternoons on the Lido deck...

I can see where this could be confusing to some. The bon voyage party, at the beginning of the cruise, is really just sailaway, and the drinks cost $. The party at the end of the cruise (usually the last day, just before dinner, from what I've read) is the farewell party-- and that's where the drinks are free.

I think they have wine and liquor/martini tastings that are either no charge or have a nominal fee. They also have a cooking demo that is both interesting and tasty. We did it on our last cruise for the first time. It lasted about an hour and was enjoyable.

I asked about the martini tasting and they wanted to charge me full price for martinis so I walked away. I would have been interested in a tasting. There might have been something where you paid a flat fee, like they do with wine tasting.

I asked about the martini tasting and they wanted to charge me full price for martinis so I walked away. I would have been interested in a tasting. There might have been something where you paid a flat fee, like they do with wine tasting.

The martini tasting is $17 for 4 mini sized martinis. This card is from our 3/27/11 Glory cruise and describes the different choices:

martini%20tasting.jpg

martini_1.jpg

Our martinis:

HPIM6227.JPG

I think they have wine and liquor/martini tastings that are either no charge or have a nominal fee. They also have a cooking demo that is both interesting and tasty. We did it on our last cruise for the first time. It lasted about an hour and was enjoyable.

Liquor tasting is usually held the first night of the cruise and you are given the option to taste a couple of different liquors in thimble sized plastic cups.

The wine tasting is usually held on a sea day in the steakhouse. There is a charge for this. The first one we did in 2009 was $12.50 a person. The last one on the 3/27/11 Glory was $17.25 each. We tasted 5 wines and it was discussed how different foods can either enhance or take away from the flavor of a wine.

HPIM6152.JPG

Food plate to accompany the wine tasting:

HPIM6150.JPG

For $17 if they had given me a price I would have done it. They didnt seem to have any information on Conquest and I asked and was there on purpose. I couldnt get a answer and finally gave up.

I plan on doing the wine tasting this next cruise. We had a group meet and greet the last time as the wine tasting.

For $17 if they had given me a price I would have done it. They didnt seem to have any information on Conquest and I asked and was there on purpose. I couldnt get a answer and finally gave up.

I plan on doing the wine tasting this next cruise. We had a group meet and greet the last time as the wine tasting.

You will enjoy the wine tasting. We do it every cruise and my DH says he always learns something new each time!:)

Free Booze at the duty free shop one night ... or was ... they tempt you with taste (shots or half's of all the specials ) .. me and the DW got pretty wasted on the Imagination tasting and wound up with 18 Liters from the shop and had a heck of a time at customs even though we claimed it all (didn't pay extra BTW) just a long search!

wonder if they still do that? as now I know to seem interested taste it all and only buy the max customs allows!

Archived