Mystic Mountain excursion

Cruisecrazy25

My fiance and I have booked the Mystic Mountain/Dunns River Falls excursion in Jamaica. My fiance is so excited about the bobsledding portion of this tour, in fact that is the only reason we are taking this tour haha! My question is, is there another way up to the top besides the chair lift? He watched a video on it the other day and he didn't realize how long it was. He is scared of heights and was planning on closing his eyes, but now is doubting he will make it! We figured there had to be another way up, but wanted to see if anyone else has used another way up! Thanks in advance!!!

We loved bobsledding!! It was so much fun! I wish we could've done it a second time because I was a little conservative with my speed the first time. Would've loved to go all out the second time! If he's afraid of heights, the bobsleds might not be for him since they're up pretty high too. Even the pool hangs on the cliff. Just depends on how his fear affects him I guess.

The chair lift is the only way that we saw but there must be a drive that goes up there because there were gardeners' vehicles at the top of the mountain.

I can tell you that it's one VERY long chair lift and it can get unbelievably hot. It's very high too and takes quite awhile. It's much higher than ski lifts I've been on in the past. We saw some of the most massive spiders in webs clinging to the support beams. They were larger than my hand. :eek: It's a great photo op for the ship at the dock so have your camera ready and sit on the inside of the lift or wait until you come back down. It's easier to get the pics then.

If he's afraid of heights, you might talk with someone once you get there and ask if there's any other way he can get there. Explain his phobia and be prepared for a very long, uphill walk in the heat. Once you're in the shade, it's comfortable though and there are little streams running all over that are really pretty.

Thanks to both of you for your help!

I think he can sometimes manage his height fear (he loves rollercoasters) if it's a short time and not hanging by wires haha! I hope it all works out, because he really is looking forward to the bobsledding portion! Now that you have mentioned spiders I might be too scared myself! Glad you enjoyed it! Thanks again!!!!

My sister is also very afraid of heights and I don't like them so much myself. The ride up was about 15 min if I remember right. My sister preferred to sit closer to the middle as she felt uncomfortable sitting right next to the edge. I hope your husband can go up. It is beautiful at the top. We also only paid for one trip down the rollercoaster with our original tour ticket but, we paid extra to go again. The more rides you take the cheaper it is per ride. Enjoy!