All things msc seaview

Fostelo

"We had that same reddish carpet color too in our GS 11003 on Seaside. The Sofa bed was also reddish. May be from all the feedback they received about Seaside they took corrective action with Seaview."

I think you will find the same colours were used on Meraviglia.

Pete ... Be interested on what you thought of Seaview.

"We had that same reddish carpet color too in our GS 11003 on Seaside. The Sofa bed was also reddish. May be from all the feedback they received about Seaside they took corrective action with Seaview."

I think you will find the same colours were used on Meraviglia.

Pete ... Be interested on what you thought of Seaview.

We loved the ship, We were Aurea

The outside spaces work brilliantly, and the inside works well. We never found it felt crowded, unlike Meraviglia,

The Top 19 club was excellent, except the door wouldn't open with anybody's card or wristband. just a teething problem for them to sort out.

The tables in the MDR are , as is usual on MSC ships, very close together and make it a somewhat claustrophobic experience. There is no problem with finding somewhere to sit when using either of the two buffets. there is a wide variety of menu choices to suit nearly all tastes. The food is at the usual three , out of five . stars, so room for improvement

The cabins are smallish and really don't have enough storage and the bathroom will be a challenge for any larger people.

But the cabins are adequate for most people's needs.

The theatre works well as does the booking system and the shows are of a high standard

The specialty restaurants are good

The aquaparks are really well used but not overcrowded, there is masses of space for sunloungers so everybody can be accommodated in their choice of either a sunny or shady part.

There were plenty of bars to go to, and you should be able to find a venue for the evening to suit your requirements loud and lively or more relaxing..

The atrium works well and has a good house band playing mostly 70s, 80, music.

The service was good as they have a lot of experienced staff on the ship.

all in all it was a great cruise.

Pete

Hi Pete ... Good to hear you enjoyed the cruise and the ship, which cabin layout did you have ? Our April Aurea cabin had the bed near the wardrobe which we found awkward, the layout with the bed near balcony looks better

Hi Pete ... Good to hear you enjoyed the cruise and the ship, which cabin layout did you have ? Our April Aurea cabin had the bed near the wardrobe which we found awkward, the layout with the bed near balcony looks better

Bed next to wardrobe

Todays entry covers the christening with lots of photos.

As for the bed/balcony/wardrobe/sofa thing... this may alter from cabin to cabin. Usually cabins with sofa beds have the sofa near to the balcony (so the sofabed does not block the whole cabin). On some ships it alters from cabin to cabin due to the layout of the cabin... so cabin 1 is bed/balcony, cabin 2 is sofa/balcony. So unless you find someone who has been in the exact cabin you can´t tell it in advance (unless you know the exact layout pattern of a ship).

steamboats

We loved the ship, We were Aurea

The outside spaces work brilliantly, and the inside works well. We never found it felt crowded, unlike Meraviglia,

Pete

Can I ask: what the ship at full capacity?

Hi

I am sailing on the Seaview from Genoa on 8 July. Single woman from Northern Ireland. Any other single people on this cruise. Does anyone know if MSC has meet & greets for single people?. 1st time on a MSC cruise.

Previous Cruises

NCL

Royal Caribeean

Holland America

Princess

Hi

I am sailing on the Seaview from Genoa on 8 July. Single woman from Northern Ireland. Any other single people on this cruise. Does anyone know if MSC has meet & greets for single people?. 1st time on a MSC cruise.

Previous Cruises

NCL

Royal Caribeean

Holland America

Princess

Hello the 2 sailings I did there was no solo get together however we were sat together at dinner on a large table, solo English speakers

SB ... MSC UK site shows a Double sofa bed as a Diamond and Bunk beds as 2 dots and Single sofa bed as a Triangle.

"3./4 Stockbetten oder Schlafsofas***"

and

"***Das obere Stockbett ist nicht für Kinder unter 6 Jahren geeignet."

From the German MSC Website - translates:

"3./4. bunk beds or sleeping sofa***"

and

"The upper bunk bed is not suitable for children under the age of 6."

That´s what it says for 2 dots on the German website. My cabin 10057 definitely did not have a bunk bed (coming out of the ceiling) but a sofa only but it´s marked with 2 dots on the German deckplans.

steamboats

SB ... The Bunk beds do not come from the ceiling that is a Pullman bed as in the 5 person YC cabins, when closed the Bunk beds look like a double sofa.

There are photos in the Seaside photos only thread.

Hello the 2 sailings I did there was no solo get together however we were sat together at dinner on a large table, solo English speakers

Thanks for such a prompt reply.

Can you tell me the dining times for both the early/ late dinners? Did the ship allocate your dining time

Can you tell me the dining times for both the early/ late dinners? Did the ship allocate your dining time

There are 3 dining times for each MDR

Golden Sands 15:45 ; 19:45 ; 21:45

Silver Dolphin 18:15 ; 20:15 ; 22:15

Pete

Pete

Thank you very much. That’s very helpful.:cool::cool::cool:

This varies for each ship/itinerary When I booked I was asked if I wanted early or late dining and what size table , I went for the biggest table size 12 i think the late on the 2 I did was 8.30pm I think early was 6.30pm

Pete

Are you allocated A dining room? when we booked we were just asked if we wanted early or late presumed it was just 2 sittings

Are you allocated A dining room? when we booked we were just asked if we wanted early or late presumed it was just 2 sittings

They usually allocate a dining room to you, it will be printed on your cruise card.

I think the basis is that blocks of cabins are allocated to an MDR and you are placed in the MDR your block of cabins allocated to, from there they try and put people together based on language as far as they can.

Pete

• 3 weeks later...