Community Contest June 1: Ship Tours

Community Contests

Weekly Contest

Have fun with weekly contests.  Win cool Cruise Critic prizes.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:13 AM.
Round Rock, Texas
12 Posts
Joined Jul 2012
Originally posted by CC Help Jenn
I, along with some other Cruise Critic staff, had the fortunate occasion to attend the naming ceremony and tour Carnival Horizon while she was in NYC. I had actually never stepped foot on a Carnival ship before so I was really excited to take a look.

I have to say I do love the "fresh new ship" smell. It is neat to see what new technology is aboard some of these vessels, along with getting a taste of the food and entertainment. It is also great to see how ships differ from each other and from line to line.

If you could take a tour of a ship you have not yet been on, what ship would you like to see? Is there a reason you chose that ship or just plain old curiosity? For me, I have now either toured or cruised on several main stream lines and toured one luxury line. I would like to see a river ship though I don't have a particular one in mind - American Queen seems the most logical due to location. I would also be keen on touring a yacht style ship like Star Clippers or Windstar

Post your response as a reply for a chance to win this week's prizes. A few winners will be selected randomly from all who participate.

Love to see the QE2
1 Posts
Joined Jun 2018
The one ship I would love to tour is the SS United States!

Not an active ship, it was active when ships were transportation, unfortunately this beautiful & historic ship is rotting away on the Philly waterfront. I was on a transatlantic crossing on this ship when I was very young.
8 Posts
Joined May 2018
I would love to see a Cunard ship in action. I had dinner on the Queen Mary once. But it was permanently moored after being decommissioned, so not really the same as the open water experience. (I want to do a transatlantic cruise one day.)
22 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
I would like to tour one if the Viking Ocean cruise ships. We have been on a Viking river cruise so want to see if those special touches translate to a larger ship.
Florida
148 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
I would really love to tour Azamara Cruise ported out of Miami. I am Diamond Plus and since Azamara honors my status aboard their line would be my first and foremost reason. But just as that is a wonderful, going to Havana would be a big bonus as I would love to experience the Cuban culture, local food, the music and nightlife and touring in antique automobiles.
Sounds like a wonderful way to visit a new exotic port
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Been sailing since 1987.
Carnival, Premier, Regency, Majesty, Disney, HAL, RCCL, Celebrity, Princess.
I eliminated all past sailings as the list grew so long it was no longer relevant.

We now primarily sail on RCCL and Celebrity which I consider one of the best lines for their frequent cruiser perks.
ocala, fl. usa
540 Posts
Joined Dec 2000
My wife & myself would love to cruise aboard a Cruise ship on there innagraul sailing. Both being in our 80 we doubt if we ever will.

george35