Building contest?

Storm Monkey

my husband has enjoyed participating in the ‘building’ contest onboard during our previous cruises with Celebrity and Princess- a ship building competition and egg drop competition.

As our last Carnival cruise was 10 years ago, I can’t remember if they offer this type of activity.

can anyone tell me what, if any, building challenge activity Carnival does?

We will be onboard Carnival Pride if that makes a difference in activities offered.

Thanks!

That seems uuuuuhhh... how do I say... kinda “engineery “ for the typical CCL crowd no?... maybe building a burger contest? Stacking the most food on a buffet dish Or build the perfect ice cream cone?

That seems uuuuuhhh... how do I say... kinda “engineery “ for the typical CCL crowd no?... maybe building a burger contest? Stacking the most food on a buffet dish Or build the perfect ice cream cone?

LOL:D

Based on the number of eggs that didn’t survive the egg drop, I would say actual engineering skills aren’t required.

Umm... I'm Platinum and I'm about as "engineery" as they get. I'd (and a host of other men such as myself), would welcome entertainment of this sort. If they let me bring my tools on board, I'd be happy fixing broken stuff on the ship. Pool games, drinking til you drop, stuffing my pie hole with burgers, gambling, Bingo, etc. just aren't my style. Boat building contest on board? I'm in! :D

They did the Egg Drop on the Ecstasy last year, it was a kid's camp thing where they had to build their egg vessel with various items found around the ship (cups, napkins, toilet paper, etc) and then the CD Ben hosted the egg drop in the atrium and they dropped their creation from deck 9 down to deck 7. I was really amusing to watch :D

my husband has enjoyed participating in the ‘building’ contest onboard during our previous cruises with Celebrity and Princess- a ship building competition and egg drop competition.

As our last Carnival cruise was 10 years ago, I can’t remember if they offer this type of activity.

We will be onboard Carnival Pride if that makes a difference in activities offered.

Thanks!

Hi

You do have to remember that Celebrity and Princess on the whole have a much older demographic.

Carnival ships will more often have the "hairy chest" competition, mixologist, along with all kinds of trivia, etc....and then a number of games directed to families with children.

have a great cruise...I was on the Pride last year and enjoyed the week.

Umm... I'm Platinum and I'm about as "engineery" as they get. I'd (and a host of other men such as myself), would welcome entertainment of this sort. If they let me bring my tools on board, I'd be happy fixing broken stuff on the ship. Pool games, drinking til you drop, stuffing my pie hole with burgers, gambling, Bingo, etc. just aren't my style. Boat building contest on board? I'm in! :D

Engineer here too. Although its been a long time since my hands got dirty. I can delegate like a beast though. Long time since we built a concrete canoe at University.

Thanks!

I've been cruising Carnival since the 90's and I've never seen either of those games onboard. They sound like fun though, and Carnival really needs some innovation in their games. It seems they've been doing the same boring things for years. Why don't you make the suggestions to the Cruise Director on Carnival Pride? .

Thanks everyone for your responses. I will let my husband know he can leave the can of spray foam at home 😀

Sounds like there would be some interest in this type of activity. I can see it appealing to young and old alike- particularly college kids who I know can be pretty competitive. Too bad Carnival doesn’t offer it.

The closest thing is called Carnival Tower - on each of the Journeys cruises I have taken.... amazing skills....remove blocks without collapsing the tower...:D

We've played that a few times..amazing the strategy that goes into it!

We've also played giant versions of Sorry! and Guess Who which were really fun as well. :D

They did the Egg Drop on the Ecstasy last year, it was a kid's camp thing where they had to build their egg vessel with various items found around the ship (cups, napkins, toilet paper, etc) and then the CD Ben hosted the egg drop in the atrium and they dropped their creation from deck 9 down to deck 7. I was really amusing to watch :D

I was on the Ecstasy in the fall of 2016 and they did the egg drop competition but I remember it being open to everyone, not just a kids club activity - and Ben hosted the the drop in the atrium. I concur - that was very much fun.

I was on the Ecstasy in the fall of 2016 and they did the egg drop competition but I remember it being open to everyone, not just a kids club activity - and Ben hosted the the drop in the atrium. I concur - that was very much fun.

I had assumed it was a kid's club thing since it was only kids that were doing it, but it may have not been and only kids were participating, it was around spring break, and there were a bunch of kids on board.

We did the egg drop competition on the Horizon last month. It was so much fun, and quite hilarious (ours didn't make it, lol). My husband is really hoping they have it on our next cruise as well.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk