Ritz Carlton Yacht Collection Reveals Details on New Small-Ship Luxury Cruises

LauraS

What a nice looking yacht and what a boring schedule of itineraries. I can't imagine that many people who want to sail these kinds of intimate ships haven't been to the Caribbean a thousand times.

Gorgeous boat/ship/yacht (is it really a yacht by definition?). Wondering, since they are looking for a younger demographic how they will deal with children. Will they have special programs for children - children menu's, etc.?

wripro - agree with you regarding itineraries. Perhaps they will expand after the first year. The first year that Regent's Explorer was sailing, the itineraries were also boring. Now they are going to Africa and will be going to South America. I can't speak for Ritz Carlton but I know that Regent wanted their new ship to be available for travel agents to view and/or sail on in the U.S. and Europe so that is where the ship "hung out" for a while.

Gorgeous boat/ship/yacht (is it really a yacht by definition?). Wondering, since they are looking for a younger demographic how they will deal with children. Will they have special programs for children - children menu's, etc.?

wripro - agree with you regarding itineraries. Perhaps they will expand after the first year. The first year that Regent's Explorer was sailing, the itineraries were also boring. Now they are going to Africa and will be going to South America. I can't speak for Ritz Carlton but I know that Regent wanted their new ship to be available for travel agents to view and/or sail on in the U.S. and Europe so that is where the ship "hung out" for a while.

Yes, but Regent has a whole fleet of ships, not just one. Look at what Scenic Eclipse is doing during its first year.

Yes, but Regent has a whole fleet of ships, not just one. Look at what Scenic Eclipse is doing during its first year.

Just looked it up! They seem to be going all over the place. I have to wonder who their target demographic is.

When I referred Regent's newest ship, In my opinion, it didn't matter how many ships they already have. However, they target the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and then the rest of the world. So, the Explorer spent time in Europe after it was launched and then sailed to the U.S. The Splendor will likely do the same. It seems to be important for TA's in their targeted countries to have the opportunity to see, tour and sail the new ship(s) for a couple of days as TA's are more likely to sell what they "know" the best and have actually been on.

Personally, I like our TA to have experience with a ship prior to us booking a cruise, but we feel that our TA is extraordinary and know that they regularly do trips around the world just to experience different cruise ships, yachts, river boats, etc.

Henry from what I read the ship will just debut in the Caribbean for sailings over four months.

From there it goes to the Mediterranean, Northern Europe, Canada, and then back to the Caribbean so to me it looks like they are making excellent use of the ship.

Keith

Keith, imo, these are all tried and true ports that every other cruise line has visited countless time. The appeal if a small ship to me is that it can go places larger ships cannot and RC does not seem to be doing that. jmo.

• 2 months later...

Teaser emails have been sent by Ritz-Carlton over the past few days about priority reservations being available soon. I liked the idea of trying the yacht out during a short ‘sampler’ cruise so their 4-night itinerary Feb 1-5, 2020, was perfect. However, as of this morning that itinerary is no longer available on the website! They seem to be still finalizing itineraries and contracts....makes this too much of a moving target. They may have decided against short cruises or maybe will reserve that first sailing for invited VIPs only?