Star Collector question

new_cruiser

I booked b2b cruises (Japan and North Pacific Crossing and Wonders of Alaska and Canada). At the time I booked them, there wasn't a Star Collector for that pair. Recently they added a Star Collector covering the two (Far East to Pacific Northwest).

I was wondering if there is any chance that I get the free laundry benefit of Star Collector since I'm booked for both parts. No biggie if I'm not, the combined fare that I'm booked for is less than the current price on the Star Collector by well over the laundry package price. But with 27 days on board it would be nice.

I'll keep an eye out to see if the Star Collector goes on special for less than my current total. If it does, can one convert two separate bookings into a Star Collector booking?

Same thing happened to me and when I called they gave me the free laundry. The other thing to ask about now is that Windstar is currently offering an "Unexpected Shipboard Credit of up to $1,000" (depending on cabin price) on all 14+ cruises.

• 2 months later...
Same thing happened to me and when I called they gave me the free laundry. The other thing to ask about now is that Windstar is currently offering an "Unexpected Shipboard Credit of up to $1,000" (depending on cabin price) on all 14+ cruises.

The amount of Unexpected Shipboard Credit depends on the length of cruise, not the cabin type. $1000 was only for cruises 30+ days and I think there is only one of those. It is $400 for 14-21 days and $600 for 22-29 days.

So I did have my TA call and check on the laundry package as well as the Unexpected Shipboard credit shortly after it was suggested here. I had 7 for 7 deal prices on both cruises. Windstar said that the deals I had couldn't be combined with the Unexpected Shipboard Credit deal and they couldn't add the laundry but they did give me a tiny bit of OBC ($100) - I guess just to sweeten telling me no. The price compatible with Unexpected Shipboard Credit was an increase from my fare much larger than the credit so not worth it.

This week the Star Collector that covers my b2b cruise was on the 7 for 7 deal. As before, the sale price isn't compatible with Unexpected Shipboard Credit. It was more than $1k below my current fare so I asked my TA to contact Windstar to see if I could switch to it. Now I'm booked on the Star Collector and will get laundry included (very handy on a 27 day cruise). So, I'm happy with no Unexpected Shipboard credit but free laundry and a very attractive price.