Peter Deilmann to re-enter cruise market

jacksonnh

Hi everyone.

Was thinking of booking on this MS Mozart and the Danube river cruise for June 2013 with Titan/ Uniworld. Never been on a river cruise before ... I know she is an old ship but do you think we should go on a newer type ship. ? Any advise would be most welcome.

Thanks ...

The MS Mozart (currently DertourMozart) has been built in 1987. But by that time she was way ahead of time. Still with 20 sqm large cabins she´s way ahead of many other ships (when the standard was and still is 11 sqm on many ships). The best part is the inside pool with viewing windows at the bow. She has been refurbished and got French Balconies on the upper deck.

Just because a ship has been built a couple of years ago that doesn´t mean it´s outdated. She´s been well cared and nicely decorated. You won´t see much wear and tear.

steamboats

Thank you so much steamboat for your quick response and your knowledge. We have 2 cabins on hold with Titan at the moment whilst we decide. Yes, we read that she has large cabins which sound very nice indeed. Was thinking of going on the lower deck, Dorabella, purely for budget reasons. Do you know of any disadvantage of being down below. ?

Yes agree the photos we have seen of the pool look very inviting. :)

Thank you once again. J

J,

The lower deck is below the waterline. The windows are scenic windows but you can´t open them. They might be partially submerged. I can´t remember. We´ve been on the lower deck but in 2005 and our cruise didn´t last longer than 23 hours (due to high water we got stuck in Vienna).

The upper deck has French balconies. There are two suites with even 40 sqm.

steamboats

I'm so glad Peter Deilmann Cruises is making a comeback. Our first river cruise was on the Heidelberg cruising the Rhine and Moselle in 2006. We were a few North Americans amongst mostly German and other European passengers and it was wonderful. We had a similar experience as Ralph Grizzle (read his AvidCruiser article above at the start of the thread).

Hi again all,

Thank you for responding with all the great info.

I managed to access Ralph Grizzle's report today and read his wonderful report on Mozart.

I am just waiting for the Agent to call me back and us four will be booking on the good ship Mozart this very afternoon.

Can't wait now and very excited about our first ever river cruise.

Any tips or further details would be very welcomed.

Thanks once again everyone. Happy Holidays - J.

Archived