Do I need a converter/adapter on tapestry?

balmoral

We are going on the tapestry may 27,Was wondering about the using camera charger etc.Do we need to bring either with us?
I can't answer your question about the Tapestry but most hotels & ships have a 110V outlet in the bathroom. It's not convenient and sometimes unusable for charging batteries. I don't like using electrical appliances around sinks. :eek:

A Universal voltage adapter is only about $20 - buy it once and use it for life. If you have one, you never have to worry about what you'll have available on trips outside the U.S.

balmoral,

My first advice is to check your camera / battery charger as most camera / laptop / battery chargers do "accept" voltage ranging from 110 - 240V. So you only might need an adapter.

For all other electronic devices you need a converter too if it´s not dual voltage (like a travel hair dryer).

I´m not sure about the European river boats built for US customers. But usually a European river boat has European plug-ins and voltage. I´ve checked the Avalon website but there isn´t anything about this topic. So my best advice (especially as the Tapestry is a brand new ship) is to email / call Avalon.

Even if they do have European plug-ins and voltage I´m sure the boat has a sufficent supply of converters and adaptors available. I wouldn´t carry my own converter especially with the luggage weight restrictions.

steamboats

Archived