[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:25 AM.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
647 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Hello,

Would anyone know the approximate taxi fare from Sydney airport to the Hyatt Regency on Sussex St., Darling Harbour? I am trying to decide if it would be cheaper to take a cab from the stand at the airport or pre arrange to have a taxi meet me and take me to the hotel.

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Barb
I come from a land down under
24,470 Posts
Joined Jul 2014
Originally posted by matamanoa
Hello,

Would anyone know the approximate taxi fare from Sydney airport to the Hyatt Regency on Sussex St., Darling Harbour? I am trying to decide if it would be cheaper to take a cab from the stand at the airport or pre arrange to have a taxi meet me and take me to the hotel.

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Barb

The booking fee is about $2.50 (May have gone up slightly since I last checked) but the fare will be the same.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

ExPerth, Now Melb Aus
677 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
I have never paid 60-70 from anywhere in Syd CBD - especially from Darling Harbour - just tell them to go the O'Riordan street way - average $25 to $35 even on a bad traffic day.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Antarctica
Kapitan Khlebnikov Nov 2010 (West Antarctica, Weddell Sea, Riser Laarsen Coast, Sth Sandwhich & Sth Georgia Islands)
Kapitan Khlebnikov Dec 2011 (Final voyage - East Antarctica & Heard Island)
Sea Adventurer: Feb 2014 (East side of Antarctica Peninsular, South Georgia Is, Falkland Is).

Ortelius: Feb 2014 Bluff NZ, Ross Sea, West Antarctica, Peninsula, Peter 1st Island, Ushuaia
Other regions: too many to list so just the highlights:
P&O Oriana 1984 (Indian Ocean) and 1986 (Pacific Ocean), Superstar Virgo 2003 (Indian Ocean),
Radiance of the Seas: Nov 2014 Bravo Theatre Opera cruise - Noumea.

Canberra Australia
40,704 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Originally posted by PerfectlyPerth
I have never paid 60-70 from anywhere in Syd CBD - especially from Darling Harbour - just tell them to go the O'Riordan street way - average $25 to $35 even on a bad traffic day.
I suppose the estimator is allowing for the drivers that don't go that way then.
ExPerth, Now Melb Aus
677 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
Even any other direction I have never paid more than $40. I am up there 5 or 6 times a year as recently as 3 weeks ago.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Antarctica
Kapitan Khlebnikov Nov 2010 (West Antarctica, Weddell Sea, Riser Laarsen Coast, Sth Sandwhich & Sth Georgia Islands)
Kapitan Khlebnikov Dec 2011 (Final voyage - East Antarctica & Heard Island)
Sea Adventurer: Feb 2014 (East side of Antarctica Peninsular, South Georgia Is, Falkland Is).

Ortelius: Feb 2014 Bluff NZ, Ross Sea, West Antarctica, Peninsula, Peter 1st Island, Ushuaia
Other regions: too many to list so just the highlights:
P&O Oriana 1984 (Indian Ocean) and 1986 (Pacific Ocean), Superstar Virgo 2003 (Indian Ocean),
Radiance of the Seas: Nov 2014 Bravo Theatre Opera cruise - Noumea.

Perth Australia
5,142 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
Isnt there also an airport surcharge for airport pick ups?

I have not been to Sydney in 2 years but the cab then cost $55 odd from domestic to half way down Pitt st.

Unless they have changed cars most Sydney Taxi,s are rubbish for cruise passengers as they need to put the luggage inside on the car seats! its a struggle with 2 people and cruise luggage so a small family would need a maxi or at least a station wagon.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
I come from a land down under
24,470 Posts
Joined Jul 2014
Originally posted by fishtaco

I have not been to Sydney in 2 years but the cab then cost $55 odd from domestic to half way down Pitt st.

Unless they have changed cars most Sydney Taxi,s are rubbish for cruise passengers as they need to put the luggage inside on the car seats! its a struggle with 2 people and cruise luggage so a small family would need a maxi or at least a station wagon.

Yep surcharge is $4.something.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Canberra Australia
40,704 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Originally posted by PerfectlyPerth
Even any other direction I have never paid more than $40. I am up there 5 or 6 times a year as recently as 3 weeks ago.
I haven't caught a taxi from the airport for a few years as we tend to either get the train or the bus there. You are certainly getting it at a good price.
39 Posts
Joined Dec 2012
Hi,

We have a cruise coming up from Sydney and will be flying in the day before and staying at the Hyatt Regency as well. We always use Omni limos for a Sydney airport transfer to the CBD or airport, seems the same or less that taxi fares and better service. Current price is $47. Have a look at https://www.omnicar.com.au and no I don't work for them, just used them a few times.

Cheers
Steve
cootamundra nsw
6,878 Posts
Joined Jan 2008

fishtaco being from Perth can you answer a couple of question please

when arriving at Perth domestic airport is Qantas and Virgin flights arrive at the same terminal as i'm flying Qantas and my friend is flying Virgin and we want to meet up

going to Fremantle is the shuttle the best way to get there
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Queensland
7,078 Posts
Joined Dec 2009
I will jump in and answer one of your questions. If there are two of you the shuttle would be by far the cheapest. It is about a 45 minute drive from the airport to the cruise terminal in Fremantle. The taxi fare is well in excess of $60. I think it is likely that both flights will arrive at the same terminal. It is not very large.
cootamundra nsw
6,878 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Originally posted by Aus Traveller
I will jump in and answer one of your questions. If there are two of you the shuttle would be by far the cheapest. It is about a 45 minute drive from the airport to the cruise terminal in Fremantle. The taxi fare is well in excess of $60. I think it is likely that both flights will arrive at the same terminal. It is not very large.
thanks Yvonne
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Perth Australia
5,142 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
Originally posted by rkmw
fishtaco being from Perth can you answer a couple of question please

when arriving at Perth domestic airport is Qantas and Virgin flights arrive at the same terminal as i'm flying Qantas and my friend is flying Virgin and we want to meet up

going to Fremantle is the shuttle the best way to get there
Maybe bad news Virgin domestic at present fly in and out of T1 which is the international airport,I know cos wife flew to Tassie and back on virgin in Dec.

QF flights 1-399 come in at T1 but all the other QF,s come in at T4 and T3 which is the domestic terminals,I know this off hand because its on my tickets for next Friday by road they are miles away, by runway short walk but not allowed! lol

Domestic to CBD is almost half the cost of intetnational to CBD by Taxi
There is a free shuttle between airports but I have never seen it.

Taxi to Freo from airport can set you back $80+
Not sure of the shuttle price but I would shuttle or cab to the main train station ,one short straight line to Freo and Perth trains are usually empty so no luggage problems.

Best lesurly option is ferry from Barrack st area to Freo cruising past one of the most spectacular river views in the world and millionairs row
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Perth Australia
5,142 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
Just to add Taxi from Domestic to freo would be more than Taxi from International because of the new Highway system .
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Perth Australia
5,142 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
Originally posted by Fly Fast Cruise Slow
It will be around AU$50-$60 to the City Centre. Maybe try an Uber if you want it for less. Someone said $25-$35 for a taxi to the city - no way!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
I agree it cost me over $55 2 years ago but the cabbie might have been taking the [email protected]#S you just dont know unless you fly inter state all the time.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
cootamundra nsw
6,878 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Maybe bad news Virgin domestic at present fly in and out of T1 which is the international airport,I know cos wife flew to Tassie and back on virgin in Dec.

QF flights 1-399 come in at T1 but all the other QF,s come in at T4 and T3 which is the domestic terminals,I know this off hand because its on my tickets for next Friday by road they are miles away, by runway short walk but not allowed! lol

Domestic to CBD is almost half the cost of intetnational to CBD by Taxi
There is a free shuttle between airports but I have never seen it.

Taxi to Freo from airport can set you back $80+
Not sure of the shuttle price but I would shuttle or cab to the main train station ,one short straight line to Freo and Perth trains are usually empty so no luggage problems.

Best lesurly option is ferry from Barrack st area to Freo cruising past one of the most spectacular river views in the world and millionairs row
thanks for that, i just check the flight details and Virgin does say T1 and my Qantas is QF551 which is T3/4......we'll maybe get a shuttle and they can pick us both up
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature