Considering Regent for a first timer

Got2Cruise

Long time poster and cruiser here. We are considering trying Regent for the first time. Would love to hear all pros and cons. The reason why we are considering Regent is we’ve heard about the excellent customer service, amenities, and most important, smaller ship size. We are looking at the Monte Carlo to Barcelona itinerary with post cruise to Madrid. We are in our fifties and are active.

We are over the megaships no matter which room class.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here's a great thread to get started:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2565457

Kwaj - thanks for finding that thread - I knew I’d recently seen it and knew there was some good info there.

Obviously I’m a fan. I believe my comment on the other thread was “Book it, enjoy it, repeat” or words to that effect.

Kwaj - thanks for finding that thread - I knew I’d recently seen it and knew there was some good info there.

Obviously I’m a fan. I believe my comment on the other thread was “Book it, enjoy it, repeat” or words to that effect.

We are DEFINITELY part of the book...enjoy...repeat school of thought ;)

Thanks!

We just got off our first Regent cruise. Got to say it really was one of the best cruises we've taken. The thing that got us was how happy the staff on the ship was and that made for a great cruise. Anybody can give you a good hard product but it's the soft product that makes a difference.

I'd book again, in fact we're booked on 2 additional Regent cruises and waiting to book the 3rd when it comes out.

Rick

We just completed the crossing from Lisbon to Miami. Regent is fantastic. We have booked our next cruise in 2019 already. This was our first cruise with Regent and now I am ruined - a new standard has been set. The service, suites, food and guests were terrific.

We just completed the crossing from Lisbon to Miami. Regent is fantastic. We have booked our next cruise in 2019 already. This was our first cruise with Regent and now I am ruined - a new standard has been set. The service, suites, food and guests were terrific.

That is fantastic that you had such a great experience. Thanks for letting us know.

So glad you had a wonderful cruise! We have been sailing on Regent since 2003. After that first cruise we were hooked. I tell my husband that I could live on a Regent ship 😊!

• 3 weeks later...

I’m going to book it today. I’m not sure if the prices going up hype holds true but why risk it. Btw, maybe comparing Regent to mass lines it is expensive. But once you figure in the business airfare, drinks,tips, transfers . . . the price point is similar or even a better value than say the haven or river cruises.