Does MSC allow water to be carried on at embarkation?

xxWolfpackxx

We will be cruising on the Seaside January 6th and this is our first MSC cruise. We have been able to carry on a case of bottled water on other cruise lines. Does anyone know if MSC allows water to be carried on at embarkation? Thanks.

Sorry can't do.

When we went on Divina, we didn't know about the no water allowed, and we took 6 bottles of Aquafina in my husband's check-in luggage, and 6 bottles in mine, and didn't have any issues. Our stateroom attendant even emptied out some of our mini-fridge so we could put some bottles in it, and also brought us an extra bucket of ice for our water bottles. :O They also say no food, but they allow it as long as it's pre-packaged and manufactured sealed. I took Hazelnut creamers for my coffee, and had no problem with that either.

We embraked in Barcelona and bought 6 pack of water and soda and wine from the shop inside the terminal. No one said anything to us as we carried it on board past many employees. We asked at the shop if we could bring it on the ship and after they said yes we tried it- success!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

I just sailed on the Divina last week. I put 3-5 bottles of water in each of our checked luggage pieces and 3 in my carryon. They all made it through.

I won’t bother with it next time, though. If you have a drink package, it says that it includes “mineral water” which I dislike and that is why I brought my own water with me. However, they had bottles of filtered/purified water as well.

The water on the ship in the buffet and bars is also filtered, so you could just fill bottles from there as well.