Voyager Vibrations

We are going to be on board the Voyager over the Christmas Holiday this year after a several year absence on the Voyager( seems we have been on Navigator and Mariner a lot over the past years). I remember the Voyager having a vibration issue in the aft potion of the ship. Not as pronounced as the Navigators, but still a issue, albet a small one.

If anyone has been one the Voyager lately and could inform me of the vibations now on Voyager I would really appreciate it.

We are currently considering moving up to a Penthouse suite on Deck 8 Aft, which is down by the laundry.

Any thoughts on the loacation and suite would be great

Must respectfully disagree. There is an aft vibration and noise from the vibration. However, at times it is barely noticeable. As another poster indicates on this thread (post #2) http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1849993 , it really bothers some people but not others. It is easy to avoid the vibration by simply avoiding an aft suite.

I don't know then what vibration is. We spent 35 nights in 864 from Sydney to Hong Kong at all speeds and in hurricanes and calm seas. I have spent 3 years on an aircraft carrier steaming as well at all speeds. On any ship you know there is an engine, but vibration means things move in your cabin or you can hear noises you shouldn't, when my carrier steamed at 32 knots-flank speed- there was vibration at the stern. When Voyager steamed at slightly more than 20 knots-top speed on our cruise you were not aware. I still say 864 was a great place to be!!

We spent the first night of our fall 2012 Istanbul-Luxor cruise in 783. We could not sleep due to the unceasing noise and vibration throughout the suite, including the bathroom. The next morning we asked to be moved and happily enjoyed the rest of the cruise in 738.

We were on the Voyager for 17 days in March. We had a mid-ship cabin (our preference) and didn't feel anything. We felt a slight vibration once at breakfast in the Veranda but nothing major. I never choose an aft cabin (no matter what ship) because my husband gets sea sick easily. So far, midship has worked fine for us.

Two of our Voyager cruises were in the aft facing suites. We did notice some vibration on one of the cruises but not on the other. Even then the vibration was minor and not unpleasant whilst lying in bed.

However, I do know of others where the vibration spoilt their cruise. For my part, I would book a rear facing suite again, especially in the Med in summer where we could take advantage of the huge balcony.

CruiseBill, first welcome to cruise critic and the Regent board. The general convention found here on the Regent CC board when booking Voyager suites "if" you think you will be bothered by the vibrations found aft is to book suites forward of the launderette's on each deck. We were in 657 (B penthouse) last April, Athens to Istanbul--a port intensive itinerary, thus no sea days when the Voyager would be sailing at 18 Knots or above. Therefore, we only noted mild vibration, but not enough to be a nuisance.

Archived