CamaCama's Family Vacation on the Escape 11/21/2015 (Detailed PICTURE Review!!!!!!)

CamaCama

After we finished our drinks and it got dark, we went down to O'Sheehans to play some games before dinner. You just swipe your card for all of them...

67.jpg

When you swipe your card does it charge you or is it complimentary?:confused:

I can't believe we're actually booked on Allure, never thought it would happen!! So excited, I'm sure i'll do a review of it, unless I'm having too much fun to remember to take pictures hahaha (it's kid-free). ;) We cancelled enchantment in June to do this one.

Great move!

A&L_Ont just did an outstanding Live review from the Allure for two weeks. The link is below if you haven't seen it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2327226

Hi on your post #32, you've attached a picture with the deck plan and can magnify your location, please direct me to that site. Thank you.

Thanks for the review!

It was from the NCL website under the escape ship, deck plans. Looks like they may have changed it? Anyone know?

It was from the NCL website under the escape ship, deck plans. Looks like they may have changed it? Anyone know?

Hmmm... not sure where that is on NCL's site. Cruisedeckplans.com has big exploded views of each deck, with clickable photo spots throughout. That's my go-to site when exploring a ship (or making sure my room isn't beneath the Garden Cafe kitchen or the jogging track :)).

Thank you. We will be in 9854 May 7, I just wanted to know what is directly below the cabin :o

You can look at the deck plans here and get an idea https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/escape/deck-plans Looks like you'll be above bayamo/photo gallery area... we were above cagneys and besides hearing some dishes/silverware clanking when out on the balcony at night, we heard nothing inside the cabin when the door was closed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! Great review of your cruise! I was just wondering did you take your videos with you camera (Olympus) or you cell phone? Thinking about buying. We are going on this cruise next week on the 7th. With a toddler. I really wish I had seen this fantastic review before booking since our little guys 3rd bday is June 1st and he is big for his age. Thank you!

Hi! Great review of your cruise! I was just wondering did you take your videos with you camera (Olympus) or you cell phone? Thinking about buying. We are going on this cruise next week on the 7th. With a toddler. I really wish I had seen this fantastic review before booking since our little guys 3rd bday is June 1st and he is big for his age. Thank you!

Thanks! All videos were done with the Olympus camera, I loved it, so easy to use and switch from photo to video, etc. My little one is feisty and I just knew she wasn't going to like being in that little room with babies, other kids her age might be fine with it. She went once and that was that, but I'd try it out with him, hopefully he likes it! Have fun!!!

Hmmm... not sure where that is on NCL's site. Cruisedeckplans.com has big exploded views of each deck, with clickable photo spots throughout. That's my go-to site when exploring a ship (or making sure my room isn't beneath the Garden Cafe kitchen or the jogging track :)).

Shoot. Our room (12662) looks like it's right below the Garden Cafe. I figured this would be a plus because of its close proximity to thw buffet in the mornings. Is it super loud?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Shoot. Our room (12662) looks like it's right below the Garden Cafe. I figured this would be a plus because of its close proximity to thw buffet in the mornings. Is it super loud?

Are you sure it's 12662, or are we talking about a ship other than the Escape? I'm not seeing that room.

I was alluding to a post where someone's room was directly beneath the garden cafe's galley, which apparently remained operational throughout the night (different ship, I believe). If you're under the seating area, it should be less of a problem.

I'll be on the Dawn in a balcony directly beneath the seating area and I have no concern.

Are you sure it's 12662, or are we talking about a ship other than the Escape? I'm not seeing that room.

I was alluding to a post where someone's room was directly beneath the garden cafe's galley, which apparently remained operational throughout the night (different ship, I believe). If you're under the seating area, it should be less of a problem.

I'll be on the Dawn in a balcony directly beneath the seating area and I have no concern.

Woops, 12262!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

Thanks so much for an amazing review. I found it when I went looking for anyone talking about cabins we just booked on Escape in June. So happy you had pictures, etc ... we are in 9294 and 9296 with our 3 boys -- they will be 8, 12 and 14 at time of sailing. So in 9294 could you hear that staff door banging? Or was it just in 9290?

Thanks so much for an amazing review. I found it when I went looking for anyone talking about cabins we just booked on Escape in June. So happy you had pictures, etc ... we are in 9294 and 9296 with our 3 boys -- they will be 8, 12 and 14 at time of sailing. So in 9294 could you hear that staff door banging? Or was it just in 9290?

I'm sure the other rooms closest to us could hear it too, it was across the hall. But didn't bother us much as on a cruise ship you're bound to hear more than normal (toilets flushing, music, crew, etc) and we expect it. Have a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 9 months later...
After we finished our drinks and it got dark, we went down to O'Sheehans to play some games before dinner. You just swipe your card for all of them...

67.jpg

68.jpg

69.jpg

Len's basketball score...

70.jpg

Mini bowling looked fun but we never went back to play..

71.jpg

We played this for a while, but it wasn't easy since the puck kept sticking to the table..

72.jpg

Do you remember how much the games were for me to budget. Thank you.

• 1 month later...

Hello, We're booking the Escape for another cruise and are looking at the exact 3 cabins you booked on Deck 9. The pictures are gone from your review - were there any balcony pictures? I was wondering if the cabins were above the waterfront and/or lifeboats?

Thanks!

Hello, We're booking the Escape for another cruise and are looking at the exact 3 cabins you booked on Deck 9. The pictures are gone from your review - were there any balcony pictures? I was wondering if the cabins were above the waterfront and/or lifeboats?

Thanks!

I can't believe all my photos are gone... I still have dropbox! Weird... i'll try to post the pics here of the cabin balcony, lookin down was a white roof. Didn't bother us.

26.jpg.370e5de286da93e364414ea89529841f.jpg

27.jpg.93e011649261df6803ccb99be7cd4d7f.jpg

41.jpg.6fbab8b6fe19af98995fd2fc52f714b4.jpg

I can't believe all my photos are gone... I still have dropbox! Weird... i'll try to post the pics here of the cabin balcony, lookin down was a white roof. Didn't bother us.

Thank you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums