Great day at Goodman's Bay/Cable Beach

imluvncruzn

We were in Nassau on New Year's Day and wanted to go to the Melia but they were not accepting day visitors because it was a holiday and they were at full capacity. We asked at the information booth at the port for a recommendation for a beach to go to and the kind man recommended Goodman's Bay. This was like my 10th time to Nassau and we wanted to try something new. We caught the jitney right in front of the McDonald's across from the British Colonial Hilton. It cost us $1.25 pp each way. The driver of the jitney asked us what time we wanted to be picked up. We told him 2:30 and he was there right on time to pick us back up. The beach was nice and there were restrooms there. Chairs were $10. There was a ton of shade trees. There was a vendor selling rum drinks in coconuts, beer, soda, and water. There was also snorkeling, paddle boards and jet skis available for rent. There were two local woman selling souvenirs but they didn't continually bother us and only came by once. We really liked this beach and would recommend it if you're looking for an affordable beach day!

• 8 months later...
We were in Nassau on New Year's Day and wanted to go to the Melia but they were not accepting day visitors because it was a holiday and they were at full capacity. We asked at the information booth at the port for a recommendation for a beach to go to and the kind man recommended Goodman's Bay. This was like my 10th time to Nassau and we wanted to try something new. We caught the jitney right in front of the McDonald's across from the British Colonial Hilton. It cost us $1.25 pp each way. The driver of the jitney asked us what time we wanted to be picked up. We told him 2:30 and he was there right on time to pick us back up. The beach was nice and there were restrooms there. Chairs were $10. There was a ton of shade trees. There was a vendor selling rum drinks in coconuts, beer, soda, and water. There was also snorkeling, paddle boards and jet skis available for rent. There were two local woman selling souvenirs but they didn't continually bother us and only came by once. We really liked this beach and would recommend it if you're looking for an affordable beach day!

can you share the google maps location please? it looks like the beach has a huge stretch so I am unsure if I should go to the west,middle or east part of cable beach.

can you share the google maps location please? it looks like the beach has a huge stretch so I am unsure if I should go to the west,middle or east part of cable beach.

Goodman's Bay is on the very eastern end of Cable Beach, just before you get to Breezes.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Goodman's+Bay+Park/@25.071251,-77.3892814,17z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x892f63289393aae3:0xc21503c08970c83b!8m2!3d25.0701613!4d-77.3887839

Thanks so much, I'm going to hit this up and will be doing some. Beach snorkeling!

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk