Royal Regular Retreats to NCL - Feb. 20, 2016 "Live" ESCAPE Review

Yorkvillain

I may spend most of my vacation time these days on Royal Caribbean ships, however it was NCL that got me addicted to cruising in the first place. And now I'm back! So NCL let me hear you say HOOOOOOOOO! Say HO-HO! Go Vill-ain. Go Vill-ain. Alright, enough.

I expect most of you will leave this thread right now after that terrible intro. And I don’t blame you one bit.

Joining Courtney and I (Tim) on this 7-day voyage to Tortola (Brewers Bay Beach), St. Thomas (St. John) and Nassau (staying on ship) are my mother and stepfather (SF). These are the two sick and demented individuals who are single-handedly responsible for my cruise addiction. They are also NCL Platinum members so I plan on abusing their benefits to my advantage as much as I can. I also plan on abusing the Ultimate Beverage Package this week as well. And speaking of the UBP, I was curious to see how much I would actually drink on this trip and WHAT I would actually drink. So I hired an accounting firm to crunch some numbers and provide some data for me. Here is their response:

Dear Mr. Villain:

We don’t normally engage in ridiculous requests like yours, however you seem like an odd bird that could show up at our office unexpectedly and cause some serious harm to our hard-working employees. So we decided to play along and honor your bizarre request.

Based on your previous cruising cocktail consumption, we have projected your giggle water intake this week to look something like this:

32% - Corona (1 of 2 of your most standard drinks based on your past history)

31% - Tito’s Vodka and Soda with 2 limes (your 2nd of 2 standard drinks….god are you boring)

14% - Bloody Mary w/ Tito’s (for those hair of the dog moments)

12% - Bushwackers (**see footnote below)

09% - Tito’s and Red Bull (for 2-3 nights where you are yawning at 7pm because of all that lack of sleep)

02% - Misc. (when you feel like experimenting with something new…..legally though. Remember, you are on a cruise ship)

**FOOTNOTE: Historically you have said that by day 4 or 5 on a cruise, the Coronas/Tito’s become harder to throw down and it feels like you are trying to swallow a handful of razor blades. The creamy bushwackers will go down nice and smooth while also buying your pharynx some time to recover.

We hope we have fulfilled the above request. Now please leave us alone before we alert the authorities.

So that’s that. Our Meet & Greet takes place on Day 2 (Sunday) at Cagney’s Steakhouse at 11am. Everyone that attends receives a free Filet Mignon and unlimited lobster tails. 15 free cruises will also be given away. We had a pretty lively roll call for this cruise so it should be a lot of fun. I can’t say the same for our upcoming Grandeur of the Seas cruise in July. Check out that "lively" roll call below that I started back in September. I think the entire starboard side of the ship is for us.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2260183

I bought the unlimited wifi package for this cruise so hopefully the wifi holds up and I'll be able to post often. I'll also periscope a little ( @yorkvillain ) and post the Freestyle Daily each day.

Much more to come.

I'll be right there with you...and probably run into you at the M & G. Not sure if you're the one who set it up, but if you are....thank you. I set one up on the Pearl last year for our Alaskan cruise, and it was only about 20 people. I can't imagine trying to keep up with one as "lively" as this one...ha ha!

See you on board...we'll sip a few of those Bushwhackers with you. I gained about 10 lbs in Alaska off of those suckers!!!

I'll be right there with you...and probably run into you at the M & G. Not sure if you're the one who set it up, but if you are....thank you. I set one up on the Pearl last year for our Alaskan cruise, and it was only about 20 people. I can't imagine trying to keep up with one as "lively" as this one...ha ha!

See you on board...we'll sip a few of those Bushwhackers with you. I gained about 10 lbs in Alaska off of those suckers!!!

See you on board. I hope I ONLY gain 10 lbs. on this trip!

looking forward to it. I just caught up at work after The Doug out live....its about time I stop being productive.

Thanks. I'm just trying to get thru this last grueling day of work. Oh wait, what is that on the left monitor?

153cc0b09f3b542accac08eaa8515a0f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Can't wait to start following!

As a Royal regular myself, I always find it interesting to see what people with similar cruise history think of NCL. I took my first two last year and I absolutely loved them! I can see myself definitely becoming an NCL regular in the future.

This is good already Tim!:)

Thanks Bob. I promise, no pictures of luggage. :)

I've been waiting for a Yorkvillian revew since the last one ended. Bring on the luggage photos and periscopes, I can take it. My diminished work routine has just taken another step backwards, or "in the right direction" depending on how you look at it. FYI, my computer at work looks like yours. ;)

Save your liver, or "kill it". I have enough to donate if you need some later.:D

Edited by A&L_Ont

Looking forward to meeting you on Saturday/Sunday. I left work early today to run errands and maybe start packing. I'm thinking about doing that packing thing now since we fly out tomorrow morning...but you see what I am doing instead!

Edited by brookie848