Bidding for Haven/Upgrades

leeker13

So I saw an email, you now bid to upgrade unfilled rooms.

From mini suite to all Haven. Bidding for mini starts at $25 the Haven was $300 for a spa suite.

This is on the Getaway Thanksgiving week.

Interesting. Email came directly from NCL.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

This would not surprise me. Airlines are considering a similar system for FC upgrades, some have tested. I know a few other cruise lines were considering testing this as well.

I would suspect this email is also a test and may be limited to a single cruise or at most ship.

This would not surprise me. Airlines are considering a similar system for FC upgrades, some have tested. I know a few other cruise lines were considering testing this as well.

I would suspect this email is also a test and may be limited to a single cruise or at most ship.

Air New Zealand certainly did it in 2015 at all levels.

Just wanted to know if anyone fancies a game of bridge during voyage.hubby is quite good but I am just mediocre. We like to play for fun and chats...not the serious type.btw we are staying at the Hesperia thenight before . Anyone else staying. How do we find out about getting these upgrades

Edited by Mendlar

I asked my TA... here's a copy/paste from her email.

"NCL just released a new program today called “Invitation to Bid” - however NCL is only offering this to guests on October 29th or later sailings onboard the Escape or Getaway."

"NCL just released a new program today called “Invitation to Bid” - however NCL is only offering this to guests on October 29th or later sailings onboard the Escape or Getaway."

Thank you.

Mike

Yes, I just got one for my SEA-LGW Icelandair flight next week. Interesting strategy! I'd be much more likely to try it out for a cruise than a flight, though!

Thank you! I was wondering why I hadn't gotten any such e-mail and I'm getting on the Getaway next weekend (eep!). Makes sense now. :P

I'm guess those of us who will be sailing before October 29th still do it the old fashioned way (call the upsell line a few days before sail date)? That's what I'm planning to do anyway. Hope it works out. haha